Naruto The history of Jiraiya

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Uza Naruto, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Uza Naruto

Uza Naruto New Member

I was thinking we know a little about each of the legendary sannin but the one I seem to the least about is Jiraiya. I mean we know about Tsunade and her past with her brother and Dan. We know about Orochimaru and his ambitions to learn every jutsu and become immortal. All I really know about Jiraiya is that he taught the fourth, writes the the paradise books, and is now teaching Naruto. I don't really know what happened to him in younger days. The other two sannin members seem to be connected with the title hokage. Tsunade is the grandaughter of the 1st hokage and becomes the 5th hokage. Orochimaru wanted the title of hokage, but what did Jiraiya want. To me Jiraiya also kind of looks like the 2nd hokage. They both have white hair and the red marks coming from their eyes. Maybe Jiraiya was related to the 2nd hokage.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It seems we are learning a bit more about Jiraiya. His younger days with his genin team was somewhat like Naruto's. His relationship between Oro, a bit similar to Naruto's relationship with Sasuke. I don't know if Jiraiya ever considered Orochimaru a friend though.

Jiraiya would spend time perfecting peeping jutsus. I forget what episode it was, but there was a scene with a young but older Jiraiya and Orochimaru arguing. This was the time Orochimaru was trying to gather all jutsus... and yes I agree with you. What happened after Jiraiya left the village? Of course he wrote books and peeped and womanized in every town..

but I mean, there's still more to Orochimaru and Tsunade if you think about it. It's interesting all the questions we get from Naruto and the blood ties some people have with others.

3. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

When Ebisu talked to Jiraiya, he said he was a hero. So, Jiraiya must have done something pretty important before he left Konoha.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I don't even think it has been answered many years later.

I personally would like to know more about jiraya.

As a child, Jiraiya and his former teammates, Orochimaru and Tsunade, were students of the Third Hokage. Because of the three's exemplary skills, they are known as the "Legendary Three Ninja" (伝説の三忍, Densetsu no Sannin?) or simply the "Sannin", while Jiraiya himself is known as the "Toad Hermit" (蝦蟇仙人, Gama Sennin?). During their years as a team, Jiraiya developed a close relationship with Orochimaru and came to hold him as a good friend.

Once becoming a Jonin capable of leading a squad, Jiraiya became the sensei of the future Fourth Hokage and two other, as yet unknown, Genin. Years later, when Orochimaru betrayed Konoha and fled the village, Jiraiya pursued him, trying to convince his friend to come back. Orochimaru refused and attacked Jiraiya, turning his back on Konoha forever. While he tried to find a reason for Orochimaru's defection, he eventually determined that his friend wasn't coming back. To that end, Jiraiya left Konoha so that he could follow Orochimaru's movements, and in time began to follow the organization that Orochimaru joined: Akatsuki.

Well that answers my question on how can Jiraiya leave and not become a missing ninja.

Now if Orochimaru died would he be expected to return?

Considering Jiraiya trained the forth would Naruto have a bigger chance on becoming hokage?