Movies The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Basher, Jun 14, 2003.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well From what i heard lately.. There WILL not be a hobbit movie because David Tolkien JRR tolkiens Son has the movie right to the Hobbit and is not selling them'

KaMe

2. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Update: Hobbit Movie

Here is all that the web review has for this subject:

Latest updates on The Hobbit

The Hobbit Updated :

Monday 3rd March 2003: The Hobbit Update:
    Sir Ian McKellen has revealed that he wants to reprise his role of Gandalf in The Hobbit . "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit. I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous."

Tuesday 4th February 2003: The Hobbit Update:
    Peter Jackson has been talking about the possibility of him helming The Hobbit "Part of me would love to have somebody else make The Hobbit, so I could watch it as an audience member. On the other hand, it would feel odd. Nobody has asked me to do it, but if they did, I would give it serious consideration."

Tuesday 7th January 2003: The Hobbit Update:
    Peter Jackson has been talking the Chicago Sun Times about the possibility of him making a big screen version of Tolkien's 'The Hobbit'. It's time to break the Hobbit. It's not that director Peter Jackson is sick of short characters with furry feet--he just has no plans to continue dwelling on them after the last "Lord of the Rings" debuts in late 2003. "People ask if I'm going to do 'The Hobbit' as my next film, and the answer is no," Jackson insists. "I think when I'm done with this trilogy I'll need a break from this theme and move on. I'm not saying never, but certainly not immediately."

I guess we will just have to wait to see if this even happens.

Vic