the japanese letters on kenshins toung

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, May 11, 2003.

1. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

well as you all know when something funny happens to kenshin we see on his toung an ORO mark Or ITAI marks and others it really funny i want to know your opinoin on the matter

2. Muse

Muse New Member

Well, a lot of the swirly eyes and the HUGE, EXTREMELY ROUND lumps (that tend to want to stack on top of each other) on Kenshin's head when the funny things happen, ruin the serious moments, they don't exactly have the best timing for serious scenes, like in the eps. where they first meet migumi and the oniwaban clan is after her, Kaoru is "eaves-dropping" and blah blah, when kenshin came out and had the swirly eye thing goin on then shifted instantly into fight mode when he heard the noise... it ruined the moment!! :dizzy2:

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

thats kinda the point. there are already a number of series Samurai Anime so Watsuki made one that was funny

4. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

its really funny

5. Solo

Solo New Member

it makes kenshin more.....kenshiny! if it wasnt there,i wouldnt like the show. need some humor to escape the serious stuff now and then.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

*laughs* thats just a funny anime occurance that happens in a whole lot of anime

7. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

^_^ Serious animes are great, and funny ones are awesome, but the ones taht manage to balance both are really teh ones you never forget.

8. minjigga

minjigga New Member

wow..true true. that is so true! :anime:

9. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS

Rurouni Kenshin has that way of captivating the audience :cool:its a mix of serious and funny mixed together kinnda like InuYasha Magic Knights Rayearth and others and some like >sivers< Totoko Hamutaro are just funny man, and... :sweat:...I really dont KNOW real serious one one for instance Fushigi Yuugi but there are some funny parts in it to so it goes to show that even an anime expert like me, does'nt know much serious anime.

They really dont make serious ones.
    THANK YOU

10. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

its the funny parts that make the charcters more endearing i think...i mean how could you connect to a charcter who doesn't ever show their softer side...

11. DistantSamurai

hehe ok...yeah i think the chacrters in kenshin's tongue look very funny...it just adds a senseof innocence to the anime

i believe i saw letters in Sanosuke's mouth a few times as well hehe

12. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Back when my mom still made alpahbet soup for me, I woudl take the little letters and twist them up to look somewhat Japanese. Then I'd put them on my tounge and march around saying "ORO!"

13. DistantSamurai

heheh...how cute! Whenever Seika sees Kenshin with letters on his tongue he just stands up and walks out mumbling something like "childish...blah blah blah...cartoons...blah blah blah..." hehe...i should give him alesson in respecting Kenshin ehhe;)

he would probably just say how weird it is that we watch anime so much...he would just be a stick in the mud...hes too serious and he would never go on...hes always locked up in his won world...except when he wants to spar with me...

14. DistantSamurai

anywyas to get back on topic...the letters don't alwyas mean oro do they?

15. Hitokiri_Gensai

nope...sometimes it say nani *the kanji for it atleast* sometimes its just scribbling..but its usually oro...

16. DistantSamurai

ok i've wondered a few times if it is oro or something else...everyone just tells me oro so i assume its always oro hehe...

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

er well the characters for oro are "o" and "ro" thats all there is its not written in kanji or anything...nani is written with the characters "na" and "ni" usually its written in Kanji

18. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

If you guys finished talking from your topic -which will come sooner or later- please stop and let others participate, dont spam with random chat!

And I do like this topic, its a uinique if I spelled it right :)

19. CheshireNeko

CheshireNeko Guest

Well I´d say that the comical moment are extremely funny! Sure, maybe not necessary most of the time, but man, it mades me laugh out loud. I don´t know about you guys but I enjoy laughing! It annoys me when moment like that ruin a serious mood, but I can´t really complain that much because I´m too busy rolling on the floor laughing! (I know I laugh easily...)
    Anyway that was just the thought of an annoying little member who has just joined and shouldn´t really be taken seriously because she´s an newbie in the community. But what I´m saying is that imagine RuroKen without the silly moment.

20. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

or it says Itai