Yu-Gi-Oh! The Last Episode (warning spoilers)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Last weekend, the Yuugiou: duel Monsters dub ended.

Thoughts and opinions pelase for those that saw the dub or the original (or better yet, both, for comparison sakes)

Me? i'm gonna track down the original Japanese version on Youtube or soemthign >> I have to see the original cause the dub angered me a bit.

When i heard how YGO ended abouta year ago, i liked the idea. i liked how it ended. seeing it was...I dunno, it made me feel empty. All these months of saying "YGO ends good so i don't mind if it ended" and cursing the spin offs and sequels...i realized that i never wnated the series to end. I found myself wishing Atem/yami wouldn't go through that door to the other side, i felt like freakin' Anzu. xD I liked the ending of the series but i didn't want to see it.

Now, i like the idea of yami going to the other side, but i didn't much like the episode, because...when it actually came time for Yami to go, it felt lacking. i liked how Anzu, Jounouchi and Honda all rushed up to try and stop him, and I liked jou's speech but i was expecting so much more out of yuugi and yami themselves. i expected mroe than cyring from yuugi, i expected him to run and give yami a hug or something, not a "Omg i lvoe you" yaoi hug just a "You're such a good friend and I'll never see you again' hug.
    and Yami just pissed me off. He could've spent a bit more time saying good bye. he just...came off as a total jerk in that last scene.

I guess i'm just disappointed at the lack of follow up. The duelist kingdom and battle city had longer follow ups to them than the last episode. I think they should've ended the duel one episode, and then had the saying good bye stuff the next.

otherwise, i liked it i guess. i feel empty now...but i hope it will soon pass.

As for Kaiba...I...freakin...love...him...after that second last episode...where he finally admitted he was wrong. He sounded so swete and sincere....*swoon* so i was happy with that...but still wanted some more of him...but when do i never wnat more kaiba? =P

and i hate the music they used in the dub. It sounded like the end of every frekain' episode! it just didn't make ti seem like a last episode. grr. >>

So yeah, what did you think?

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

It was preety dissapointing. I mean, they made a duel 4 episodes long, I mean, sure, it's the final duel, blah blah blah, but come on, we should all know the cards by memory by now.

But it's not really all about that, it's considering that, the aftermath of the duel took like two minutes, and was ended with a gay (yes, gay) line, and too all of a sudden.

The only part that meant something was when Attem was leaving, but the others didn't want him to go. Although cheesy at some moments, it was preety sad in a way to see it all end, plus the soundtrack kinda helped that part. Still, they should have made one more episode to see what Yugi's life is like without Attem by his side, so one can compare what he once was, and what he now is.

-Seishin

3. Fushigi Rockna

EXACTLY!

In the Japanese however, I believe the line was "And now my journey begins" (at least in the manga that's what it was) which is MUCH more symbolic and appropriate. it also would've been better without all that dialogue at the end. D= Henc ehwy i must find the original to see if that dialogue was even there originally...

I dunno...it was good idea for an ending, it just wasn't pulle doff effectively.

I wnated to see what EVERYONE was like after it all. =)

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I denie this ending.

*plays it over from the beginning.*

FR knows who my favorite character is.

I am sad that Yami left. But I have to admit it would happen sometime.

I also think that it was poorly done. First off Yami should have never left. What? I like him.

If he left he should have came back. Saying it sucked over there.

I figured out that Kaiba would be a little nicer. Or atleast saying he did wrong. We can't hope for to much.

Like I said this ending never happened. Me and FR will make a new one. xD

5. Fushigi Rockna

*new Ending*

Yami: I know you all don't want me to leave but I must.

Everyone: *crying* ;.;

Yami: and Kaiba-

Kaiba: *only one not crying* ?

Yami: I know you'll miss me the most. *sly yaoi like grin*

Kaiba: WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? GET THE **** OVER THERE RIGHT NOW YOU SON OF A--!!!

Mokuba: Nii-sama likes Jou. o_O

Yami: awww D:

Jou: what? O_O *missed hearing that but knows it was something about him*

Okay, i admit it, that's what I wanted to happen. xD

I think just the fact that Kaiba admitted he was wrong was a HUGE step. Him becoming nicer? baby steps, baby steps! xD

Like i said before I liked the idea for the ending, I thought it was a nice ending...it just missed a follow up and what not. It could've been executed a million times better.

I mean..poor Yami has had to stay around in this world not knowing who he was for millennia. D= it's a long time. I myself would not want to go over to the other side but hey, I'm not a 3000 year old phantom (which is technically EXACTLY what yami is when you think about it :p)

it just could've been done better.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

*continues ending*

Yami leaves

Everyone is depressed some are crying.

Kabia: Looks at Jou wondering if he should say anything.

Jou: Looks up and sees Kaiba.

K&J: Both blush and look away.

Yami: "Lovers have a spat?"

Yugi: "Yami, you're back." Big Grin.

Dirty ugly big boob lady. "YAMI." Tries to hug him but steps aside. She falls flat on her face.

Jou: Wipping face. "This isn't tears. I am just getting dirt out of my eyes."

Hon: "I am glad you are back."

Kaiba: "Why did you return?"

Yami: "Cause I would be inside a 3000 year old mummy and Basher said too."

Kaiba: "Basher?"

Yami: "She has mighty powers my friend. She gave me a number for you to call."

Kaiba: Raises eyebrow.

Yami: "It's your wife FR."

See Yami isn't gone so there. :p

7. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

If you two ever turn that into an ending, I will pay real good moeny to see it. Yeah, I mean ALL I saw of the last season was the last episode. Mainly because I didnt know it had come back on and they changed the time to later than it used to be so I wasnt prepared. Anyway, yeah, it was really dissapointing. I agree with the whole, see-what-life-is-now-like episode but they didnt do it. I feel Yami could have said a little more and amde it a bit more dramatic. You know, cry a little or something.