FLCL The Manga Version by Tokyopop is totally Different

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by naota_phan, Nov 23, 2003.

1. naota_phan

naota_phan New Member

I can understand that when they make a movie from a book it is never the same. I know know that this is true about FLCL and the manga version. I bought the 2 volumes from TokyoPop and I just finished reading it and, you think the series was weird. I Suggest you read the manga A couple of times because it is very jumpy and confusing just like the OAV. But each time you read it, it gets better and better. Im surprised that the manga is very different but not to suprised that it also follows the show. This is a must read for any flcl fan

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

the art work is much different than the anime, something about it seems very amatuer-ish but thats just me so...anyway other than that its an excellent manga.

3. naota_phan

naota_phan New Member

Not Only the artwork is different. Parts of the whole story is different than what has showed in the OAV. I mean, Either way it is still an excellent series, Can't wait for watching it, I want to soak up a lot of information about the series. Both the manga and the oav rocks

4. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I don't know but to me i think its the best art work Iev seen in years. Ya its strange but thats the way show goes.:anime:

5. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I think the manga gives more info than the show did because the manga showed more things that sort made more sence then the OAV did.
    :anime:

6. jsaxophone

jsaxophone New Member

I know this sounds stupid but what does OAV mean? I jus know it has something to do with the TV version

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OAV

I rather like "Only Available on Video" :D "Original Animation Video" is probably closer though.

At any rate, it describes animation that was not released on television but were released on video (or DVD). There are generally fewer episodes, and more attention can be lavished on each one, so the animation quality is often better than a tv series.

FLCL was released on DVD, a disk at a time in Japan before it somehow landed on Cartoon Network