Movies The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh--25th Anniversary DVD

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Stardust Phox, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Did anyone get that? (Yep, another one where you can call me a weenie ^^) Truth told, I only got it because I'm a fan of collecting things. When they slap 'limited edition' on something, it IMMEDIATELY draws me near. ^^; So I got this!

I liked it. Really, I did. The classic Winnie the Pooh is so much better than the new one. I love all the original voice actors. ^_^ And the songs... ^_^ ^_^ I loved them. ^^ What else, what else... (The only thing they were missing was a bit of the W-t-P show where they had actors dressed up as the characters. That is by far my favorite version of WtP...^^)

I liked the extras. The Spanish VAs were... unique. (Only heard bits, though ^^) And the French ones were pretty close to the original. ^^; The facts were cute... I loved the trailers... and the theme song by that lady... something Simon, I liked it! ^^; It was so cool~ The guitar sounded wunnerful~ ^^;

And the trailers were the long, theatrical ones. ^_^

So.....What do you people think? ^^

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ive been to the birth place of Winnie the Pooh eh.. Its a town called white river ontario. I lived just one hour from it.. had a cool winnier monument

KaMe

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

*slaps a limited edition weenie label on his forehead*

I must agree with you, Phox. The new Winnie the Pooh is just lame...he's got nothing on the original. The same goes for the new Mickey Mouse...that voice is *horrible*, and nothing like Walt's!

In fact, I've noticed Disney is on a talespin (no pun intended) right now...they haven't put out any good movies for a looong time...Instead, they've been feeding us waste-like stuff along the lines of "[Insert Classic Movie Name Here] Part II", a straight-to-home release that Disney fans, like my mom, will buy straight away just because the original movie was good...Even their recent animated releases (which are usually the best thing they produce) have been very weak....take Atlantis, Peter Pan 2 (oi...another sequel...*shakes head*) and the newest Lilp & Stitch...

Maybe they're not in a slump...maybe I've just outgrown that "Disney Magic"...but what are your thoughts?

4. Stardust Phox

It's been annoying the hell outta me! My candy canes... *shakes head* They haven't come out with anything good since... Mulan. Because I absolutely LOVED Mulan. After that they kinda went downhill...

I KNOW! Mickey Mouse sounds so....UGH now! I mean, I can get his voice closer to the original, so why can't a more experienced VA? (I'm not trying to shoot them down... It just annoys me. Lucky guy (girl?) who's a VA now... They musta liked him/her to make him/her Mickey's VA...)

And Tigger. That's all I have to say. Tigger.

The sequels movement is beyond scary. The first one they put out, I think, was The Lion King II. That one was okay. Not first-part good, but okay. The Pocahontas sequel was probably made just to make it clear that Pocahontas did not marry John Smith. It was... unique, I'll admit. I haven't seen any sequel beyond those... Quite frankly, I don't want to. (But I rented Peter Pan recently ^_^)

*hugs MattSu-san* HE'S LIMITED EDITION! HE'S MINE! ^^;;

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually the first sequel made (which wasn't tood bad, considering they didn't even paste a "II" after it like all the horrible new ones) was to Aladdin...in order to set things up for the cartoon series that followed...:)

BakaMattSu, yes, not only he is limited...he's one of a kind...

6. Stardust Phox

That's true... They're sly, y'know. By not putting "II" in the title, they made it look like a non-sequel.

Oh, I remember another sequel I saw... the Little Mermaid one... No comments.

*continues to huggle BMS*