Movies The Matrix: Revolutions

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Fuuma, Nov 2, 2003.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I just came back from the movie and am still excited so if I don't make any sense whatsoever then that's okay(I think)!

Spoilers Ahead!!!

I loved the symbolism in the movie, that's what caught me the most! The whole karma concept where Neo had to be killed in order for Agent Smith to be destroyed. There was quite a bit of Christian symbolism that I caught as well, for one thing Neo died in order to save humanity from "evil" (and this symbolism really shows when Neo was lying on the machine at the end in the same position that Jesus died on the cross). Maybe Neo'll resurrect, but did he already? ^^;

Also the fight at the end was so much like DBZ.. I was laughing my head off, it looked awesome though.

2. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

sounds like a very good movey from the way u described it ill go see it now

3. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

i loved it! it was awesome and the ending couldnt have been better i think... lots of people thought the ending sucked big time but they just didnt see the symbolism as thatguy said
    oh and some guys in my physics class and i were discussing the movie and we all were like "did that air battle look like dbz to you?" and uh YEAH it was sooooo like dbz with the rain exploding in a huge ball when smith n neo collided and at one point smoith reared back and i expected him to shout KAMEHAMEHA!! it was hilarious... i wonder if the brothers modeled that after dbz... bc they did site anime as a huge influence... anywho the whole movie was awesome and i now have a new favorite trilogy!! w00t!

4. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I saw it last weekend (I know, I haven't said anything until now, but my opinion was already posed). I feel that this quote completely embodies the end of the movie. It is a real quote from a real mIRC srever, and I spoiler-tagged it because it sort of gives away the ending.

*** PoisonPen changes topic to 'Matrix Revolutions: Smith: "I R teh Ubermensch! U R 0wn3d w/ my awesome Will!" Neo: "No! Because I will refute teh diabilical existential angst w/ kung fu!" Smith: "Argh! Now I must stand in the rain and shake my fist at you! Why? Why?" Neo: "Ha ha! I win by losing! I R teh Jesus!" The end.'

5. selenia

selenia New Member

I think I'll go see it, as soon as I find the time (damn I hate school)
    even though some people warned me that it was lousy i still want to go see for myself

6. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

hey i went to go see it and i thought it was cool but the ending sucked. oo and nice img of yuna

7. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I saw it a week ago and was to lazy to come and post here...any way..I thought that is was great...minus the
    deaths (Neo, Trinity, ect ect ect.
    It was kinda weird to find out who the finally Agent Smith was...fer thoughs of you who have seen the movie you know who it was..I wont spoil it....any way....I thought over all it was a good movie, but the ending could have been a bit better...yes...no? any way...I recommend this movie to anyone who hasnt seen it!!!

Misao:D

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Baphijmm: That summary made me laugh quite out loud.

What are you talking about? I must admit I'm not sure.

****** slight spoilers ahead
    I've been wondering why everyone said the second sucked but loved the first and (in many cases) loved the third. I think I have it figured out.

In the first, Neo sees everything in a new way (green, matrix code) and the audience vicariously gets to feel like badasses as Neo then kicks the **** out of Smith.

In the third, Neo sees things in a new way (orange fire kinda) and then kicks the **** out of Smith, as everyone gets to say to themselves "haha! take that you bastard!" as though they did it themselves.

Everyone would have loved the second if the Wachowski brothers had come up with yet another new way for Neo to see things after which he had beat the crap out of Smith. Unfortunately, the 2nd film had no new way of seeing things, so everyone thought it sucked. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol? spoiler. I won't refrain since the thread seems full of it. But Agent Smith took over bodies.. Agents as well as Programs as well as real people. doesn't matter if you are the mother... I just assume thats who you thought since that 'program' was lying in the mud after the rain battle..

anyways, I still need to reflect about this movie if I like it or not.. I was a bit dissapointed. I thought it could have been better written maybe.. and tender moments where people died, I thought it was too melodramatic. I recall myself giggling at a few parts.. I just thought it was too much eye candy and not much story. of course, there's quite a lot of symbolism, Neo as Christ, Smith as his 'polar opposite' Lucifer, Persephone as the bride of 'Hades' or as we know him Merv, as Trin called him.

I did love the fact that 'every beginning has an ending' if I got the quote right.

another spoiler lol

well, Neo created the phenomenon known as Neo, when he merged with him. you could say (when he jumped into Smith and made him blow up) in the ending, he realizes he must let Smith merge with him to end Smith.

Neo made a deal with the Architect to end Smith, but.. Neo started that Smith mess. lucky him.

I'm envious of Morpheus and Niobe. no one thinks of poor Trin.

and.. remember we have hope. the Oracle believes we haven't seen the last of Neo. and Sati has a purpose! w00t.

I think the only thing I was confused about was why those two programs had to leave their 'daughter'.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

On the Merovingian

The Merovingian Dynasty was a Frankish dynasty considered the first French royal house. It was the first major political authority which rose out of the ashes of the dying Roman Empire in Europe. It was named for Merovech (fl. c. 450), whose son Childeric I (d. 482?) ruled a tribe of Salian Franks from his capital at Tournai. His son, Clovis I, united nearly all of Gaul in the late 5th century except Burgundy and present-day Provence. On his death the realm was divided among his sons, but by 558 it was united under his last surviving son, Chlotar I. The pattern of dividing and then reuniting the realm continued for generations. After the reign of Dagobert I (623?639), the authority of the Merovingian kings declined, and real power gradually came to rest in the hands of the mayors of the palace. In 751 the last Merovingian king, Childeric III, was deposed by Pippin III, the first of the Carolingian dynasty. - Encyclopedia Britannica

There's plenty of conspiracies about them having the Holy Grail too.

On the ending

Aside from the obvious Christian symbolism, it could also be seen as somewhat Taoist and Buddhist in nature, which do not view good and evil as opposing forces but rather two parts of a whole. (note that it took an end to the fight and for Neo to accept Smith for victory). Additionally, the Oracle was wearing yin yang earrings at the end.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

There's been some news recently about a book called 'The DaVinci Code' book. In it they state the Merovingians, this Christian line of French Kings were descendants of Christ himself. The Brothers seemed to want to add this twist in too.. plus Persephone in Greek myth was the bride of Hades, Lord of the UnderWorld. Persephone lived with Hades half the year in the Winter time.

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Persephone also hated being married to Hades, if I remember correctly. She was tricked into it by eating seven pomegranite (sp?) seeds. The reason that autumn and winter come was said to be that her mother, the goddess of the seasons, mourned her daughter's loss during those seven months. Just thought I'd add that.