Movies The New Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by VM1070, Dec 10, 2003.

1. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Who has seen this new mini-series from Sci-Fi Channel and what do you think of the twists.......

Victor

2. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I haven't seen it but I heard that they are starting from scratch and is very different. I'm currently looking for it on the Space channel.

3. VM1070

Anyone else seen this remake of the classic Sci-Fi saga.

Let's discuss it here, this was really a good version of the original.

Victor

4. Novus

Novus Gone

When I heard that they made Starbuck a girl I wanted to throw up. And of course no one can compete with Lorne Green for the Adama role.

5. VM1070

I was also a little concerned with those changes too, but after watching the finished work--this version definately deserves a chance from the core sci-fi fans of the show.

And just for the record, the new Adama did a very good job filling Mr. Greenes shoes.

Victor

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I saw it, and while it is very, VERY pretty, it has a LOT of rough patches storywise. Sex was used far too much (to the point where it was practically worthless; it almost became funny after a point). Also, when the female cylon kills the baby, I just rolled my eyes. Why? It just seemed so pointless to me and ridiculous.

While it does have potential and I will watch the sequel miniseries (if they make one), they had better pull their act together big time.

Oh. And who else laughed after realising that having a copy of Norton SystemWorks would have saved many pilot lives? :p