FLCL the next FLCL up for preorder

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by ironmonkey, Feb 10, 2003.

1. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yes, supposedly, and I use that term very loosely, the next DVD is due out on the 25th. I suppose that this is good news, but seeing as how I'm pretty skeptical about the release, we'll have to wait and see.

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

we actually got one in...tis pick...tho, the back is kinda...wrinkled? looks like water warp more than anything/...but it's never been wet(you can tell)
    the sticker on it is black with the P! inside*^-^* feb 35 on our labels for street...sooo, it's finally coming out...

4. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

sounds cool

sounds cool. cant wait to get it. (my wallet wants me to wait, but my wallets feelings for me and my dvd buying hasnt stopped me before)

but is there a sticker on the case or a sticker that comes with the box?

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's on the case, under the top shrink wrap. soo on top of the normal protective plastic that's always there after you open it.

and i feel, we'll be waiting another year for the next dvd...

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The people I talk to said that synch-point went bankrupt for a while because they made too much of this one DVD that really bombed. I also heard that they haven't even filled all of the orders for the FIRST DVD. What a damn suck. Boo to synch-point. Hehe. I too wouldn't be surprised to wait a year or more for the last DVD. *sigh*.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I got the second DVD today. The place I go to *loves* to sell stuff before its published release. ^-^. Amen to orbit, for all their love and bending to my constant and daily nagging for the next FLCL volume. ^_^

8. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

ohyea!

i got MINE FLCL#2 today! im a happy,happy,happy man now! yhey! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet deal!

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

All the talk of waiting for the DVDs is so strange to me, having finished watching the series around 2 years ago.. It just doesn't seem possible that it's not yet available over here heh

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe i know...this coming tuesday, we finish watching it in club lol

11. YokoburiKinura

I took a look at it at Media Play last Saturday, but I'm passing it up for now because, as I had been warned on the AnimeonDVD forum, they all had the stickers right on the case instead of on the wrapping. I don't want to mess with trying to get the sticker junk off my front cover, so I'll wait for copies without this mistake to filter through.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i know...
    i wonder if it'll take them a year to get the last one out too then? sigh...
    happy note: target here is giving away a vespa..unfortunalty, it's red, but we'd pay to have it done up like haruku's *^-^*

13. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

MamiyaOtaru: the reason why i keep talking about the dvds and is so thrilled when they are out is because they have amazing transfere and its much more fun to watch than the divx files. + i get the AMAZING commentary track and it feels much better to pay for quallity like this instead just downloading it. a show this good DESERVES my hard erned $$$$ :D

YokoburiKinura: i had no problem with removing the sticker. just wiped off the remaining glue with plaster remover and some cotton. looks perfect. cant see its been there :D

ive heard that they are suposed to have the last dvd out in the end of apirl. but that might change.well actually its probably gonna change hehe. but im hoping theyl get it out soon. post a pic when you get the vespa redone :D

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe if we win it...first, we have to get everyone we know to enter for it(family mainly) and then we'll see*^-^*

15. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Sometimes that's how I feel too. I've downloaded only a few anme episodes, and it always feels so good to be watching something that hasn't been licensed for the US yet. Sure it's nice to have DVD's, but some are ridiculously expensive. LIke that FLCL #2...$29.95 for just 2 episodes?!? Damn! Just like you, I've already seen the whole series. I got all the episodes last year, even though I could have seen them even earlier.

As for FLCL itself, it's probably my favorite anime (and the only series I've seen more than once). So many other "popular" anime these days don't even impress me at all, but FLCL is just so action packed (I kept having to rewatch lots of scenes cuz they were so interesting and brief), and so original (I'm not a fan of rock music that much, but feeling it through the soundtrack and the characters' weapons is sooo cool!), and starring a pretty nuts female lead (nuts meaning beyond good). And finally, the color schemes, lighting effects, and character designs really have a unique feel, very much apart from such generic styles in other popular anime.

But don't get me wrong: I know some people who are savage download freaks, (like my brother's friend who literally has stacks of burned cd's worth of anime series). I myself have downloaded only two full series, and a few misc. episodes of other anime. The reason why I do download anime is cuz after 8 years of anime it's REALLY hard for me to see something original. The current animes out on DVD are okay, but I want to see better. Downloading stuff now is like taking me into the future to see what is to come to the US in several years.

16. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

hehe, this is funny. we have two different discussions going on here. im also downloading new fansubbed animes, (like wolfs rain) but i still want to buy the really good series even if ive seen them. as for FLCL specific i downloaded them all about a year ago, but after seeing the first 3 episodes i decided that this series was far too good to be seen on a crappy divx file on my computers 17" in a uncomfy chair when i could see it in crystal crisp quallity on my 32" tv in my sofa. hehe. so insted of being one to say: Ha, ive seen flcl waaaaay back in the day (wich i could if i wanted. well not really waaaay back, but.. hehe) im now proud to say ive yet to see episode 5 and 6. and i can hardly wait. :)

but even thoug FLCL is expencive, (you can get it cheaper than 29$) the creators of series that you love DESERVES to get payed for their work. or am i the only one that feel that way? :confused:

17. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

You're right, we really should pay for the things we love. But then again, it's so good that the creators have no problem of bringing in profit. Now if the creators of something nice were underground, then I'd really pay full price to support them. Same thing with underground musicians. If they have good music I'm willing to support them, in contrast to big-budget musicians who are already rich. That's one of the reasons why I feel downloading mp3's are pretty okay.

Then again, downloading free fansubbed videos is legal in itself. In fact, there was a state-wide club here in Hawaii where you could get free fan-subs on videotape (you just pay for shipping and the blank tape, or send your own).

But of course, just because something is free to download doesn't mean its profits from actual sales will be shot. Some people argue that it's cuz of fan-subs that they got into anime in the first place, and/or that some fan-subs are/will be hard to get in the US. My personal experience comes from buying the MegaTokyo mangas in book form, even though the entire manga series is on the Internet, and even comes out first on the Internet.

18. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

hehe, i see your point. i can agree to a certan degree that filthy rich people dont need my money but underground people do. (then again i hardly listen to any artists that actually can live of their music ;))

as for mp3s i donwnload em to see if i like a band. if its cool i go buy the album. i hate buying albums i never listen to and i hate standing in a record store and listen to cds with loads of people all around. in the same way downloading anime to see if you like a series is a good thing instead of blowing 30$ or more on something you THINK is cool that turns out not beeing some thing you like at all.

my point with my earlier posts were just to say: the FLCL dvds are good for you! hehe (at least for me :D)

BUT you are talking about fan subbed manga. do you know if the ping pong manga is availible fan subbed? if so lett me know :p

19. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Oh, actually MegaTokyo is not fan-subbed manga. It's in English to begin with! Go check it out here. You can order the books at Iron Cat Entertainment. Otherwise I don't know anything about the manga versions of Ping Pong club. I did see the anime version though.

20. ironmonkey

ironmonkey New Member

nonono, not ping pong club. just ping pong :) there was a japanese movie (as in live action movie) made based on it wich i love and i allways wanted to check out the manga, but havent found it fan subbed anywhere :(