Manga The next Psychological Manga after Death Note called ES

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

The next Death Note called ES

ES is also called Eternal Sabbath.

I must say I was very impressed when I picked it up. Though it did come out before Death Note in Japan but in the states it just started to come here. There will be 3 volumes available in November. It’s distributed by Del Rey.

This is the storyline from the back of volume 1.

Ryousuke Akiba calls himself ES, a code name taken from a mysterious scientific experiment. Ryousuke will live to be at least two centuries old and possesses strange mental powers: He can enter people's minds, discover their darkest secrets, even rearrange their memories so that complete strangers will treat him like family. Ryousuke acts not out of malice but for survival-wandering Tokyo for reasons known only to him. No one recognizes him for what he is . . . until Dr. Mine Kujyou, a determined researcher, meets someone who challenges everything she knows about science-ES, possessor of the Eternal Sabbath gene. But is he the only one?

It is very compelling. I couldn't put it down. I wanted more.

To a Death Note fan it could be the next one. It just has this certain aspect like Death Note did.

It messes with peoples minds in the Manga. But this one actually does have someone who has the power too. It also has a deadly game of cat and mouse.