Movies The Nightmare Before Christmas

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Alla Bloom, Sep 28, 2003.

1. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

OMG Thats my favorite movie of all times...my favorite character would have to be jack skelington. My favorite song from the whole movie is jacks lament, its so sad. lol Today I was listing to the soundtrack.

2. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

omg....i love the movie because i love tim burton movies.....go jack...WOOT WOOT~

3. StarCrossed

StarCrossed New Member

I loved this movie and still enjoy to watch it sometimes, I think it rocks what other movie has a fat monster scaring santa claus huh?

4. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

One of my favorite memories of school is of this movie. In fourth grade, the teachers decided to let us watch movies for Halloween. I have never seen NBC before, and I got to watch it with my friends (all of the fourth grade classes were allowed to watch it) and eat carmel apples while doing so. Also, no school work. :D I've loved this movie ever since. And Danny Elfman does indeed have a lovely singing voice.

5. Ophelia

Ophelia New Member

Well, I’d hate to break the long chains of ‘this is the greatest movie ever!!!111’, but it needs to be said. This movie is good, I must admit, but it is also a very overrated movie. It’s great the first time you watch it, but unlike true classics, it gets old real fast… oh.. say, around the second time? Personally, I think this movie has only become as popular as it has because it’s currently cool to say so… give it a little while and anyone who likes it will be sneered at.

6. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

As much as i love the movie I do have to agree with you, Its become like a trend at our school, but I still never get tired of that movie.

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I can understand it being a somewhat overrated movie. And it definatly has become the cool thing to like at my school. It came back after 10 years. . .

wow. . . .ten years wow. . . . . I never realized how old it was. It one of my favorite movies. I dont think it will ever get old for me. I cant get enough of the music. The movie and music intregues me, and its one of the most unique movies ever created, then again all of Tim Burtons movies are. I love all of his movies. YAY for the 10 year Anniversary wo0t.

EDIT-- XD now I'v noticed that this thread is is over a year old. Well still. Yay for the belated 11th anniversary?

8. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I'm probably the only person alive who hasn't seen this movie, but I do know that Tim Burton is uber. <3 I'll see it sometime. ^_^;; I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about.

9. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

:D Just an update to a post i made a while back..I finaly got the DVD on my birthday last year (shows how long i haven been on m2a)....the extras and the movie is great...i love it.....i want the soundtrack.....maybe ill get it fer xmas this year?? lol any way...THIS MOVIE ROCKS!!!

~*~Misao~*~

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I'd say it's a great X-mas movie, go Tim Burton! Love the songs, and the animation...

Probably should get it on DVD...

- Teddz

11. Sesshoumarugirl

Sesshoumarugirl New Member

Nightmare before christmas is my favorite movie of all time I watch every night I can't belive other people like that movie. Tim Burton is so cool I got to meet him in person. I also have tons of pictures.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I don't see how you're surprised to discover others like it. It was a hit when it was released and has for the past few years been enjoying an obscene (and in my opinion perhaps slightly undeserved) resurgence in popularity, especially with goths.

Anyway. It's a great movie; I own the dvd. I don't understand quite how the resurgence in popularity came about, or how people can consider Jack sexy (I intend to keep these people far from my corpse), but whatever floats their duckies.

Sessmarugirl, a minor request on my part. Please stop using huge numbers of smilies, and please start using a little more in the way of grammar and spelling skills. Nothing personal; it'll just make your posts that much easier on the eyes while providing the bonus service of making you look more intelligent.

13. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

the nightmare before christmas is one of the greatest movies ever. I love it so much. has anyone else heard of corpse bride that looks so totally awesome. (it's a tim burton film too similar to tnbc) ;)

14. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

i think this exists already but i had to post this The Nightmare Before Christmas i love this movie because its awsome but more detaild Tim Burton amazing make this movie out of clay :eek: skillz like most disney movies theres singing but there good songs (I listend to most of them on Yahoo!). The story is great. Great characters (Jack, Oogie Boogie, Sally personal favs :)) What do you guys think on a scale of one to ten id give it a 9.3 the singing ruins it like many Disney movies but hey!

P.S. Best level on Kingdom Hearts!

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Thread merged with the one that already exists.

Luffy: Please use the search bar function to find threads that may already exist, thanks.

16. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I love it,
    It is a great movie, wildly unusual and amazingly creative. It was also the first claymation movie I ever saw and I thought it gave the movie the most perfectly eeri look....well, at least in my opinion.
    My brother and I adored it so much that we went and bought as many figures as we could. I only could buy a few, but my bro bought a ton. Gah, and even now they're laying in a locker in his attic, still unopened.

Aw, Luffy... I thinkthe music is great.

17. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Well, as I doubt anyone wants to read the first two pages, let's start here :p

This movie was a favorite of my when I was around ten. I think I still have it somewhere in my room but it would most likly be at the bottom of the sea in my room :D

On a scale of one to ten, 9.2 as I remember watching it and I thought it was a good movie but I can't remember the whole thing at the moment. I need to find that movie.....if I can go through my room :D

18. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

hey i like the music to but at some point its not needed at all but hey its still a great movie!

19. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I haven't seen this movie in forever..I loved it when I was younger.