The Pillows The Pillows USA Tour (was Noodles break up)

Discussion in 'Music' started by MamiyaOtaru, Dec 3, 2004.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

One of my favourite bands, Noodles has lost a member. They have been together with the same lineup since 1994, until September when their guitarist, Junko, left for unknown reasons. The band is soldiering on for now, but I wonder if it will last. There have been no releases since then :( Read a bit about it here.

There is some happy news on that page though, perhaps. Speculation that the Pillows will be playing in America in the coming year. Like Noodles, they have been together forever and I haev to wonder how long it will last. Any Pillows fans need to jump at this opportunity and see them while we can.

We'll try to keep abreast of it, and give concrete details here when we get ahold of them. Current rumours speak of SXSW in Austin around March. The Pillows Live schedule on their homepage lists dates up through mid-march, all in Japan. We'll see.

Maybe we can use this as the catalyst for that m2a get together that until now has never happened ;)

Attached Files:

2. MamiyaOtaru

As if by magic, a good friend popped up on AIM and we had this conversation:

[00:15:13] BJ: hows it goin?
    [00:15:49] MO: pretty good. I'm keeping busy
    [00:16:03] MO: I'm a bit bummed Noodles' guitarist left though
    [00:16:13] BJ: yea i heard
    [00:16:19] BJ: were you ever into my way my love
    [00:17:02] MO: I think I've heard a song or two from them but I never followed them
    [00:17:20] BJ: well, they were an early delicious band (note: the pillows' and noodles' label)
    [00:17:26] BJ: anyway, i booked them a US tour
    [00:17:33] BJ: you should check it out
    [00:17:38] BJ: www.mywaymylove.com
    [00:17:42] MO: yeah, i remember.. they had some songs on life is delicios IIRC
    [00:17:44] MO: that's cool!
    [00:18:11] BJ: yea, they're coming tomorrow, i gotta pick them up from the airport
    [00:18:21] MO: where all are they headed?
    [00:18:23] BJ: but i think you should come out, at least so we can meet up
    [00:18:24] BJ: everywhere
    [00:18:26] BJ: 2 months
    [00:18:29] BJ: 42 shows
    [00:18:48] MO: ooh.. will they be at sxsw too?
    [00:19:07] BJ: yep
    [00:19:08] MO: there are rumours that the pillows might show up there. if so, I'm headed to texas
    [00:19:25] BJ: yea, they will totally be there.
    [00:19:27] BJ: both bands

So, awesome! Check the site and see if My Way My Love will be headed your way! Tour dates relevant to me are in Denver and Provo. People from school: check it out. 16th and 17th of December.

3. MamiyaOtaru

Current word is that the Pillows will be playing LA, San Fransisco, Seattle, Chicago and Austin.

At least a couple of us will be going, though we aren't sure of which city. I'm waiting to hear if there are any more tour dates, with luck they'll stop by the city where I go to college, like My Way My Love did.

Pillows fans in North America, this is your big chance. We should pick a city and have a party.