Movies The Punisher

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Novus, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

I really should have started this thread on Sunday when I got back from seeing the movie, but oh well ... better late than never, right?

So, who's seen The Punisher? I thought it was an excellent movie, although there were some bits I would have either scripted or directed differently (or both, in some cases).
    If you're going to see the movie (which I recommend you do), I must warn you that its violence is Ubergraphic. And I don't mean that in a Tarantino-trying-to-show-off-how-many-Japanese-movies-he's-seen kind of way. I mean really, really realistic. Well, except for one scene which was totally put in there for comedy, but I'll not spoil it.
    The Canadian rating for this movie is 14A. I definitely think it should have been higher, although then one of my friends wouldn't have been able to see it with the rest of us, and that would have sucked, because he walked all the way across town with us to see it.
    Anyway, I highly recommend this movie.
    ***.5 stars out of 4.

(by the way, those actually are stars there, not censorship)

2. Dante

Dante New Member

Hoping to see this movie sometime soon. Thomas Jane is a hella' good actor (namely in Dreamcatcher and Deep Blue Sea, the only reason worth seeing the latter movie). Not to mention, after the first Punisher movie, any other Punisher movie can be good. ;P Dolph Lundgren... the man who couldn't even pull off a decent He-Man.. *shudders*

But, yeah, when I finally see the movie I'll post my thoughts.

3. Hice

Hice New Member

I saw the Punisher, it was an excellent movie.

John Travolta always olays a great villian.

My fave seen is when Punisher and the Russian fight.

4. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I want to see that movie. You guys are lucky, im gonna have to wait until it comes out on DVD or video.

5. ampfire

ampfire New Member

dont push the red one.

great ****ing movie. It was amazing. The movie critics should have been shot for writing such bad revues.

6. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Damn. So that movie rocks. I want to see it :sad: