Saber Marionette The Sabers

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Jun 14, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Well, I guess this has been in and out of the Anime - Games section, so I'll give it its own thread:

Just in time, too! A new release for The Sabers! Refer to the Official The Sabers site, the ****tail lounge's article:

http://www.devoidofthought.com/thesabers2.htm

So now the SM Girls are into play....And I'd bet anything, you'll end up shipping 'em to military school, MamiyaOtaru!

BakaMattSu, is it just me, or does MamiyaOtaru think more like a Geltander than a Japones??

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

LOL!!
    Yeah, I have been awaiting that release.
    Any word on how to add characters to a pre-existing family? That would be helpful, as my older sabers are all astronauts already, and I don't like having to start over.

btw- that censored bit in the address is c-o-c-ktail without the dashes (I tried all sorts of bad words before I finally got it, and then felt dumb
    --------------
    Off to the Citadel with them
    Es lebe Gartland!!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, here's the best solution I can think of to add characters to a pre-existing family...

If a sim's relationship with another one gets high enough, when you talk you should have the option to "Move in" that sim...Sooooo...

Create a new family in a new house (consisting of Lime-R,Cherry-R, Bloodberry-R, and a nice Adult...) Have the Adult "put the moves" on all three of your original sabers until he has the option to move 'em in...Et Voila! When your finished when nice guy, move him into a corner, build walls around him, and eventually he'll die n' disappear....

(Such is the sacrifice for a happy Sim Saber family...)

I'd suggest the same thing with only the three kids, but I don't think they can be involved in relationships that way (they can't even get a job, they're so lazy... [​IMG])

BakaMattSu, Ending Tutorial....Now.

--------------
    Oh, and I thought this could add some atmosphere to the Sabers...Saber Music...

There should be directories in in your Sims game folder titled latin, rock, country, and classical. If you copy your own choice of mp3 into each of these, when a radio is playing in-game, your mp3z'll play instead of the normal ones...Successful Mission anyone?

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited June 19, 2001).]

5. MamiyaOtaru

Yeah, I eventually figured out that bit about moving in.. I forgot to add an adult to the mix though, and molesting children doesn't get them to want to move in with you. Oh well. Time to redo the R family yet again.

About music.. You don't have to copy the MP3 to the directory and kill hard drive space, adding a shortcut to the MP3 in the directory works just as well, and only 3k used [​IMG]

It was just a matter of time before my obsessions with the Pillows and the Sabers could be mated.. hehe
    ---------------
    Pillows are classical too right?

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sweet! That'd save me space...if I didn't have an incredibly small hard drive, and if I didn't store my mp3s on CD for playback...

BakaMattSu, behind the game anyhow...haven't even started with the SM Girls yet...

7. MamiyaOtaru

haven't started? agh for shame.
    You can still add links to the music directory that point to MP3 files on CD. Just make sure it's in there when you play.. Uhm, and hope you have two CD drives so The Sims can be in too. bah.
    ---------------
    i hate dinosaurs, yet I have one too

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Haven't even touched The Sims for an extended time...rahhhh...gonna maybe hold off for some of the guys and restart?

BakaMattSu, ahhh! Two CD players? Man I must be outdated....

9. MamiyaOtaru

well, I guess if you had a noCD version of the Sims you could play your CD MP3s in game.. aargh. Yeah, I haven't used it in a while. Just have to wait for some more characters I guess and start over, but I'm keeping the house!
    ----------------
    I wanna live in it

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

(You'll get your chance if they ever release a skin for ya...)

Actually, I tried the noCD version...it outright cuts out music whether you've got links set up or not...

BakaMattSu, graah! Someday, when he gets his money...a new computer...and other worldly possessions, he can see SMJ as it was meant to be...with a Pillows Soundtrack!!