Movies The Scorpion King

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Suzu, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

O_O! oki it looks interesting, especially that "The Rock" will be acting... Anyone see the preview at Euronews?

btw. I'm not too sure of the movie name... T_T... ah well...:sweat:

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You got the name right the first time.
    Did you know that the Rock's already signed the contract for a sequel? In this movie, he's the hero, but if you recall from The Mummy Returns, he was more of a villain who sold his soul to Anubis to get revenge on his enemies. The next one's supposed to show how he becomes a villain.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

So the scorpion King II will be a sequal of a prequel of a sequal of a remake.. Hahaha the tangled webs Hollywood weaves. I haven't yet seen Mummy Returns. Is it worth it?

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

The Mummy Returns was a great movie. I'm still waiting to see The Scorpion King, though.

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok Seen the movie ..

Well it was prety good. Just your normal CONAN style action movie.. I still think Conan was the coolest of these style movies.. that Just because Big Arnie is My Hero!

You you like Conan you should like this one..

But its NO Conan thats for sure!

KaMe

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I think 'The Rock' did a good job acting in it. I thought the movie story was kind of like 'Kull the Conqueror' sort of, and like Conan movies I guess. Anyways, Kull was just a movie on its own.

I thought it was cool to know more about the Scorpion King, Mesias' character, and that it was a great crowd getter, due to the Mummy Returns, which I still have to see.

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Yo, when I saw the movie, I instantly thought of Conan: The Barbarian. The difference was that this one I could actually watch. Conan was just, to put it kindly, not my thing. All in all, this movie was much like others in this genre: weak plot, strong action. One serious plus, though, is that this movie at least had a better name for a villain than "Thulsa Doom".

"I come for the woman ... and your head!"
    -Mathias, The Scorpion King-

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

OKEE! Just watched Mummy Returns and I was like sooo disappointed with how very little I saw of The Rock. I'm really happy they made a movie for him. seriously. like the most time he was in that movie, he was computer generated!!!!!!:mad:

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I hate it when i find out about sequels because i know that the main character wont die. So when i will sit in the cinema eating my popcorn watching the movie and something happens to the Rock, i would be know that he will survive . . . .
    :sad:

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol.. its actually a 'prequel' to a sequel. Its about his life before. How he got where he was.. but then again.. it never really says just how he became the Scorpion King. sorry if I ruined anything. I knew before even seeing it...;)

11. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, we all know that in the next movie, he has to die.

12. Kraken

Kraken Guest

didnt think the film was that great.

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I was able to see it but I wanted to see the mummy return first .. so i could catch up with lost things :p

14. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

He dies when he fight againsts Rick O'Connell, right?

So that means in the Sequel of "The Scorpion King", I hope that Oded Fehr will be in it :D yay