The Secret of the Crescent Coral Reef

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, Jul 14, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

can somebody please explain to me in one of the battle of the planets episodes as well as the original gatchaman series the building of the secret underwater bass. what i do not understand is after watching battle episodes that center neptune was the underwater bass because whenever they would show the title of the episode center neptune would be the first thing that i would see and in the original gatchaman episodes which is the secret of the crescent of the coral reef they are building the underwater bass. is center neptune the underwater bass because after reading about the episodes i am totally confused because i thought that bass was built already could some please explain that to me

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Crescent Coral Reef vs. Center Neptune

There is a difference, yes, and it is confusing. In Gatchaman, the Crescent Coral Reef base was not built until the episode you are talking about. I'm not sure what their base was before that, but it wasn't the Crescent Coral Reef/Center Neptune. When making Battle of the Planets, they just added footage of the Crescent Coral Reef/Center Neptune to the beginning of all the episodes, to give the impression that Center Neptune was already built by the time of Attack of the Space Terrapin.

When I saw that Battle of the Planets episode where it seems like Keyop gave away the secret base to Spectra, only to find out it was a decoy, I thought that the real base in that episode looked a lot like Center Neptune. Well, it was! It was when the Crescent Coral Reef was introduced in Gatchaman. They should have had Zark say the base was Center Neptune's double, calling it Center Triton or something.

Mark

3. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

i am still confused

battle of the planets/ gatchaman episodes are so confusing sometimes i still have trouble undertanding episodes

4. Youthanasiac

Youthanasiac Guest

Ok......

First off, hi all.

I haven't seen an episode of Battle of the Planets for 20+ years but still have very fond memories of it. I have never seen an episode of the original Gatchaman but do understand Mark's explanation. If you don't follow what Mark is saying then think of both Gatchaman and Battle of the Planets separately as follows:

Gatchaman
    The main base is unknown but is NOT the Crescent Coral Reef Centre Neptune. The Crescent Coral Reef Centre Neptune is the secret base that is being built in the episode in question.

Battle of the Planets
    The main base is again unknown and is NOT the Crescent Coral Reef Centre Neptune. Again, the Crescent Coral Reef Centre Neptune is the secret base that is being built in the episode in question. It appears as though the Crescent Coral Reef Centre Neptune is the main base as it appears in the opening titles. Strictly speaking, it shouldn't have until after the episode in question.

Side note: I apologise if this wrong or just totally repeats what Mark said. It did sound good to me before I typed out my reply but something happened on the way to the keyboard.