The story behind dragon ball

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by SSJ4Goten, Aug 13, 2002.

1. SSJ4Goten

SSJ4Goten New Member

Well i read this in a magazine and it said that dragon ball was like all true except the blasts and things there was a real person named gokou and he want on a big journey and when he came back he told them of his journey and he met a talking pig it was evil in his story(oolong) and he met a giant(ox king) and it became a story then it kept getting added on to and it eventuallly turned into dragon ball that was in an issue of dragon ballz magazines if u got it tell me what i did wrong cause i think i meesed up a bit lol

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, the legend of Son Son is actually...a legend. It's about a monkey-man that went on a quest of some sort. The pole, and the magic nimbus were all a part of it too. Actually, that image of a monkey fighter thing has been a little more noticeable lately. They played out that story in Love Hina (w/ Naru as Son Son), he/she is also a playable character in MvC2, and a game and cartoon called Monkey Magic (which I think the legend is VERY loosely based on...but he does has the pole and the cloud).

3. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

monkey! wasn't a cartoon, it was a tv show.. "Monkey magic" was something he shouted or something every now and then I think.