Creative Writing The Street

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by k0gepan, Jan 31, 2003.

1. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

The Street

He pulls the New York Times further up his body, searching for warmth in the articles and ads. Endless feet stroll, jog, trudge, and briskly walk by. No one sees. No one looks down. There is something sad, and so distant about the way his rheumy eyes stare out into the traffic.
    A bedraggled beard settles softly against his chest, as he closes his old eyes and rests them against the grey, cold world.
    He hears the clink of metal against metal, as someone drops some loose change into his cup. He opens his eyes to see who’d decided to pity him.
    A small, round face stares down at him from its upright position.
    “It’s my allowance, but you can have it.”
    A smile filled with innocence and naivety crosses the child’s lips. There was a moment of understanding between the two. No words need have been spoken. It wasn’t pity the child felt, only love. For any suffering being, her heart reached out without thought.
    Suddenly the face was gone, and the child was dragged away by a scolding parent. He watched as she went. He’d been that small once. That innocent. That naïve. To blindly help someone who was considered such an outsider. A bum. A worthless scrap of society who didn’t deserve, who didn’t…
    He let the bitter thoughts drift through his head. Of chances lost, of hard work and days of old beleaguered and gone to dust.
    The cold seeped further into his bones, and he coughed violently. Pain wound its way through him like a snake, and he welcomed it. He closed his eyes again, and suddenly became warm. A shudder ran through his now almost pleasantly numb body.
    He was five years old again. It was 1945…
    A gentle hand guided him into the bright light of his childhood home. He smiled. He smiled with innocence, and naivety.

2. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Nice job and good detail.. im kind of confused but OK..

3. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Confused eh? This could bode well. :D I'd tell you what the idea behind the story was, but then I'd ruin it for whoever else may chance to read it. Sorry Banana gurl. ;) Thanks for taking the time to comment though.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

girl, i love your imagery*^-^* keep it up.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I like it. Different perspectives, and point of views, should be examined. All sides should be heard. Clarity is rarely immediately presenting itself immediately. Write more like that and you shall write well.

6. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Drunk, you usually know the right thing to say. Thank you. Hopefully I can continue to see things from different views and get them out on paper. I like to think of people in different walks of life...if I didn't, how could I accept anything? ;)

oh, and BB......gurl, I like your Stylllllllll3333 and your ski||||zzz. hehe

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Oh my...k0ge you is good ;)