Art The Tale of Smith

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Nephilim_X, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

No, this is not art done by me. It's done by the SA user Xy, and I'm not going to spoil anything for you, save this: it's so powerful I always end up bawling by the end.

http://www.bar-of-soap.com/smith/

2. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

.__.
    i thought i was the only sick minded. but i totaly agree. war is gay u__U

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I cried as well. silent tears.

4. Orion

Orion Gears

Man, that was emotional. Cried a little bit... ;_;

5. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

;_; :sad: sooooooooooooo sad!!! .... at first i also thought it was liek something gross xD.. but then... i pressed next and next... so sad... T_T i hate wars!!!

6. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

*sigh* you really see the sadness of war when looking through the eyes of an individual.
    :(

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Wow.

I think I died alot on the inside.

Wow.

;_;

8. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Amen.

I hate garbage too.

~W

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I hate war.. just because the upper-ones can't agree on something, that doesn't mean they have to sacrifice other people's life..!

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Why oh why can't we just resolve our differences with Starcraft tournaments? :(

Hmm...

"HAHA z3rg pwz0r3d j00 un1337 pr0t055 n0w j00 must g1v3 u5 1r4Q 01l punk w00t"

:p

11. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

You guys are missing the whole point of this thing. It's not about the horrors of war, it's about life.

It starts out as a little spermie, happily travelling along with its friends. It gets to the egg first and what happens? All it's friends die. Then it's alone and a child is born.

Alone, he is born.

And then he goes through his infancy and all there are unhappy moments after unhappy moments, and then he is abandoned.

Once more, Alone.

As he grows into adolescence and eventually into adulthood and he's alone once again, with only unfortunate events to keep him company.

And then, like a dream he meets someone, and for the first time ever he's not alone anymore.

Things change and for the first time in his entire life he's happy because he has someone to share his expiriences with and as a result he begins to remember and treasure his joyful moments.

Together, with this woman, he has a kid.

But life isn't going to let him go that easily. War breaks out and he's called to duty.

Once again, separated from his family he is alone once more. Just like that his happiness vanishes.

Through bad times after bad times he continues on, struggling along simply to stay alive until a single man with an explosive changes everything.

As if that wasn't enough, as if that alone wasn't reason for life to simply let him be after a lifetime of unhappiness his family is taken away from him forever, stolen away by the bomb.

Once more, he's alone.

His life has fallen into disarray, his happiness vanished in the detonation of that bomb. Slowly he begins to piece things together and at a reunion he meets his one time enemy. They talk about how he killed brown hats, and about how the other man killed green hats. They talked about those that were lost, and in what manner they were left alone. Through it all they find the strength to forgive the other and learn to move on from that frightening event.

And as he's laying, old and decrepid, in the hospital bed he flatlines. He leaves the hospital bed and ascends up towards somewhere else, somewhere greater. For the first time in fifty years he finds his family again and once more they are re-united.

As she speaks she tells him about the world, about the death and the unhappiness. She gives him a message and for the first time in fifty years he finally understands.

His heartbeat returns and he awakens, renewed, filled with purpose.

The last frame show's exactly what the whole purpose of this little sketch was. It's not about war or any of that. It's about the message that his dead wife gave to him, that filled him with the strength to continue on in his life, despite being alone.

Her message is simple. Life is filled with it's innumerable sadnesses. The bad things just seem to keep on coming and people are all unhappy as a result. But you can't sit around and feel sorry for yourself. If you truly want to be happy you need to get up and make the world a better place yourself, each and every day, in every way you possibly can. You need to go out and do what you can to brighten the world, for yourself and for others. You need to create your own light to break through the depressing darkness that seems to have settled over your life... even if you are alone.

You can't go around feeling sorry for yourself, and agonizing at the state of the world. You need to do something about it and find that little piece in the sky yourself.

That's why he's simply picking up a piece of garbage. He's not protesting the war. He's not speaking out against others. He's not rioting or picketing. He's changing the world for the better. He's creating his own happiness. He's moving on, overcoming a lifetime of misery, finding his own little bit happiness.

It's not about war. It's about the value of life, and the price of happiness.

~W