Debate The Ten Commandments and Alabama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy277, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

2. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

If I was a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Wiccan, and I walked into the courthouse for an important trial, and saw the Ten Commandments monument, I wouldn't have much faith in the judge's ability to judge objectively based on evidence and law, rather than by his moral views, especially if the fact of my religion were to be brought up in the court.

Of course, without the monument, the judge will still be biased, but there's really no way to guarentee impartial judges, anywhere.

- Ark

3. Novus

Novus Gone

The Ten Commandments come from Judaism. Just thought I'd point that out.

As always, I'm just going to say that religion and the government should be kept separate. Always. Sure, religion was what caused migration to America in the first place, and pretty much all the basic laws in western society are derived from religious sources, but after it is all set into motion, the two need to just stay away from each other.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

courthouse rotunda=state property=nonreligous material.
    it doesn't bother me, but if you go by the sepperation of shurch and state we've got here, it should be moved. put it in a park or a church.

5. Ryokos_hellyen

Ryokos_hellyen New Member

well it wouldn't bother me at all they should have lil places to pray and stuff before trails you never know it might give people faith to believe that every thing will be ok
    i think it should stay