Movies The Tuxedo

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Project191, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

did anyone saw this movie?

i saw it but i didn't understand it what is it about?
    and how there is a two tuxedos???:confused:

2. Stos

Stos New Member

I downloaded it on my computer once and did not think it was one of Jackie Chan's best films at all. It is actually on the bottom of my list of favorite Jackie films. And you are not supposed to understand why there is two tuxedo's there just is. And it is about Jackie accidently stealing a billion dollar suit or tuxedo from that he accidently becomes a somewhat spy like James Bond. But the suit does everything, mostly. Enough info??? Well too bad if it isn't cus I did not pay attention that much myslef, almost fell asleep in my chair, for crying out loud. :p

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Watched it, hated it, done.

4. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i havent watched it.
    u all make it sound really ****, but im gonna go watch it anyways cause its got jackie chan in it:D.

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

It was Ok, BTW Rashid, there was only one, and when Jakie's master liked what he did, he gave him one of his own :)

6. Odin

Odin Member

Jackie Chan has admitted that he doesn't like his own American films. I would say that the Tuxedo would be a good example of one such film.

I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'd ever buy it when it comes out on DVD (I liked Shanghai Noon, one of Jackie's more recent American movies, a LOT more). I would also say that The Tuxedo is very low on my list of favorite Jackie Chan movies.

BTW, here's a rundown of the movie's plot (since I actually paid attention):

Jackie Chan is hired to be the chaffeur for this guy who happens to be, in a nutshell, the best super spy in America. A bomb is planted on the car, and the spy dude is injured from the explosion and has to stay bed-ridden in a hospital . . . his last words to Jackie are to wear the Tuxedo and to find a "Walter Strider." The suit stimulates every nerve in the body so it can make Jackie do anything that he wants . . . to sing, dance, shoot a sniper rifle, fight, etc. He partners up with Jennifer Love Hewitt (sp?) to spy on the main bad guy who is obsessed with water, and wants to monopolize the water industry so he can kill people with water that dehydrates (yes, very weird, but that's what happens). I don't want to spoil anything else in the movie, but that's the basic rundown of the plot.

There's heavier emphasis on comedy than action, which is another one of the movie's faults. It might be just me, but the humor is getting more sexual-oriented. If you love Jackie Chan, check the movie out. Otherwise, it's not that great of a film at all.

I'm looking forward to Shanghai Knights, though.
    -Odin

7. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

there were two of them:with the evil man and with Jackie :)

8. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

yeah, the one with the evil man was jakies' boss, while the one that jakie was wearing it was his.. :)

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

It was OK, not brilliant and confusing at times. Rush Hour was better :) but lots of his earlier Chinese films were better than RH

"To-tal slaughter... to-tal slaughter... I won't leave a single man alive. La la la loo la, genoci-i-ide. Lee lee loo lee loo, an ocean of blood. Let's be-gin the killing time!" - 'Quote' - Vash The Stampede

10. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

i want to see Tuxedo, it looks good, i saw it advertised when i went to see Mr Deeds

11. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i saw it
    u guys r right it is pretty ****
    but that movie has opened my eyes to something i have never noticed before, and that will change my views for ever.
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is bloody HOT!

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Believe me, you'll be disappointed

"To-tal slaughter... to-tal slaughter... I won't leave a single man alive. La la la loo la, genoci-i-ide. Lee lee loo lee loo, an ocean of blood. Let's be-gin the killing time!" - 'Quote' - Vash The Stampede