Current Affairs The UK Election - who did you want to win?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LilyRose, May 6, 2005.

1. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

The Results are in - Tony Blair is still prime minister.
    It's too late now (for another 4 years) but who did you actually want to win?

Labour - Tony Blair
    Liberal Democrats - Charles Kennedy
    Conservative - Michael Howard
    Monster Raving Loony Party
    Green
    UKIP (UK Independence Party)
    Respect
    Welsh National Party

I don't trust Labour after Iraq. I support Lib Dems because they actually Listened when Britain said it didn't want to go to War.
    The Monster Raving Loonies are cool too.

What do you think?

2. Cylor

Cylor New Member

I'm not a UK citizen, but I was happy to hear that Blair won. I think he has a lot of courage and integrity.

(*Waits for the flames.* :p )

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I wouldn't say Tony Blair is bad tbh... he has built a strong economy for Britain. And the question on war is in some ways unfair on him - main reason why he lost some 100 seats in parliament. He can't exactly back off from it when the war started.

I don't particularly like conservatives views on immigration. What's wrong with letting people into UK? doesn't that make UK widely accepted as a nice place to be? besides... no immigartion... no chinese/indian food etc.

Anyway, out of the main 3 parties, Tony Blair is the only "leader-looking" person in all
    honesty.

- Shen

4. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Sorry, i didn't mean to completely discredit Tony Blair and i respect your opinions (thinking about it now i suppose before the Iraq buisness he had done some ok things), but i still don't really trust him anymore or agree with his policies or manifesto.