Recreation Things you'd like to learn more about.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chance, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ever take a class and you realize the smallest details of the class are the ones you enjoy most. Like creative writing, we totally skipped over description to learn more on imagery and I was like, "But I like description.." And ofcourse I got ignored. ._.

Anyway, what do you like about certain topics? Anything you'd like to learn more about that relates to a class or course you've taken?

2. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Never taken the following, but these are what I -wanted- to take before droppig out of high school and not yet going to college:

Of psychology, abnormal psychology.

Of zoology, ornithology (specifically crows and ravens) and mammalogy or cynology (dogs and/or wolves). And probably cryptozoology.

3. Fushigi Rockna

I'd like to learn more about Napoleon. The stuff we learnt in Social Studies just wasn't enough for me. D:

Mostly for me it's stuff that I hear about in Social studies that I want to learn more about.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

You just like really short men.

For me it was Greek and Egypt in school we never learned enough.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

For me i would definatly would have loved to learn more about World War 2. I have no idea why but i just seem to have a massive fasination about WW2, i love tring to get my hands on books about it.
    Well thats now anyway, when i was back in school we only spent a few weeks on it in history class, i remember for once actually reading ahead on this one subject cause i was enjoying it so much.

Another thing i'd love to know more about is Architectural Detailing, since thats what their ment to be teaching us in college since thats mostly what an Architectural Technician is ment to be all about. Instead we're getting taught about Architectural Design, which is an Architects job not ours. I get the feeling that this is really going to go against me in the workplace.

6. supakawaii_jazi

supakawaii_jazi New Member

i agree w/ u kain....^_^

7. Fushigi Rockna

Wtf, are you kidding me!?

You call Seto short?! XDD

I actually dislike short men. I like tall men and ones that are older than me :D

You're quite wrong Bash, the truth is I like men with power. >:D

I like Napoleon because I find him the funniest man in history. He can't sit still for the life of him; he's always got to be invading some country. For crying out loud, they gave him Elba, which is like paradise, and he wasn't even a prisoner there, but yet he just HAD to come back and go to war over it. And look where that got him. St. Helena. Which is...like Hell. He's amusing. XD
    Although his height DOES contribute to what I find humorous about him.

Plus I find his feelings for Josephine interesting. Cause even tho he thought as women as only baby makers (which was just what people thought back then =/) he really did love her, even after he divorced her because she wasn't able to bear him children. her name was also the last thing he said before he died. D:

Over-ambition is amsuing teehee. :3

8. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I'd really like to know more about psychology. Mabye if we had more of that, we wouldn't have kids running around committing suicide all the time.

9. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Yeah... exile and banishment from the land you live in and all of your people are in is absolute paradise.

10. supakawaii_jazi

supakawaii_jazi New Member

i agree w/u completely....^_~

11. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Normally I wouldn't be flattered, and this case I am almost insulted as I highly doubt you detected the hint of sarcasm in what I said...

12. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

heh heh heh...I love you man.

I agree with you :p It wouldn't be.

13. Fushigi Rockna

I said it is like paradise because it appears that way. It's a beautiful island. It fits that 'tropical paradise' mold in the way it looks and it's climate conditions.
    He had the whole island to himself. They GAVE it to him. He was not a prisoner there. It was his to do whatever the hell he wanted with it. But like said, he was over-ambitious and that's why he went back to France.

And I highly doubt he cared about being away from his people. Napoleon only cared about power. Napoleon led many people to death and did not care that they died, so long as they died while getting him the power he wanted by invading other countries.

And what did he end up getting in the end? St. Helena. Which really IS god awful. People today still don't go there because of the waters around it. And there he was kept under constant surveliance by guards and certainly did not have what he did in Elba. So in comparison to St. Helena, Elba was a thousand times better.

14. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I wish to learn to draw better. If only my school Art teacher actually taught us any drawing techniques.

15. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

I want an alternative art class! Sculpture, animation, 3D modeling, and the like.

And by the way, my history class last year went NUTS over Napoleon, and spent about a month learning about him (and that's a long time in an AP class).