Those Ten Years...

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by UFOtaku, Nov 10, 2003.

1. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I've always had my own theories, but I've been wondering whta others thought about those ten years Kenshin spent training.
    What do you think Tomoe's death had to do with his training? How do you really think it changed Kenshin as a person, and swordsmanship-wise?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

its kinda up to ones imagination about what he did...i imagine he trained his aura...he said that if he doesnt train himself constantly than he body gets rusty and out of practice...as for fights and the such i imagine there werent too many...
    Tomoe's death is what compelled him to stop killing, although im sure all the killing he had to witness also effected him.
    as a person i think he hasnt really changed all to much. i think from the very beggining he was a very kind hearted person always thinking on the lesser people.
    in swordsmanship i dont think he has changed much eaither although until the Kyoto Arc he hadnt learned the two final secrets of the Hiten Mitsurugi SChool of Kenjutsu.

3. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

well i think kenshin changed a bit. became more protective of himself and that is when i thought he truly decided not to teach his moves to other people

4. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I agree with that to some sence....but if you think about it...
    He did teach Yahiko his moves and then later gave him is reverse blade sword.
    So I dont think it effected him in that way....

http://www.thespectrum.net/hitokiri/characters/yahiko.shtml go there if you want to know what I'm talking about in the spoiler...

Misao

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

he never taught yahiko about the school...yahiko just picked up on thos moves...

6. raziel's death

well yahiko is a good learner and he did not need to be directly tought . when, **** forgot her name, tried to teachyahiko he did not learn that fast.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

Kaoru actually points out at one point that the reason he that he picked up on them so well is because he was there to witness most of kenshins fights.

8. raziel's death

yea you have agood point. but i think it is more than just watching kenshin that lets him learn the moves....
    he had to of wanted really bad to learn his moves to pay attention to the detail in kenshins moves.

9. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Yeah... like the psychiatrict says:
    "You have to WANT to change...."
    You gotta want to learn. And you can never master anything without willingness and dedication of some degree at some point.

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah...determination is the difference between, being a master and being a pupil...

11. raziel's death

well yahiko has alot of determinaation and the will power for kenshins moves for that is why he learns them will detail

12. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

i thik he trained battle evil foes on the way helping others to make up for the lives taken. making friends and practicing and enhancing on his skills