Current Affairs Time sets Bush for man of the year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaiyon, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

So I was logging on AIM yesterday, and when I do, I find that the news windows automatically opens. In there, I see the news that President George W. Bush was declared Time Magazine's "Man of the Year".
    "The man kept both hands on the gun"
    -Time Magazine Article

Truly amazing that a man like him was elected and made Man Of The Year in such an important magazine as TIME. Truly depressing. What do you guys think of this?

KaiyonTormentor

2. WilKingOfGames

WilKingOfGames New Member

Just one phrase....."WTF"? What where they thinking!? HONESTLY!

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Sounds like Time magazine is on Bushes payroll.

4. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Yes....lol. Its too obvious.
    :D

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I'd agree with you if it said 'Good man of the year'. Certainly, being reelected after the all bad things he did is somekind of miracle :eek: . He's one of the bad guys of the year.

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

OH NOES NOT TIME MAGAZINE!!!

If you're all so worked up about it, go off into the corner, turn on some emo music, and write me some bad poetry. This is hardly the first "bad" guy to be featured. Among those in the past...

1938: Adolf Hitler
    1939: Josef Stalin
    1971-72: Richard Nixon
    1979: Ayatollah Khomeini

In other words, cry me a bloody river. Every elected President of the United States since Franklin Delano Roosevelt has been a Person of the Year at least once. Many were chosen simply for accomplishing the feat of being elected to that office. It's not a "GREATEST MAN EVAR!!!!11!!one!!eleven" award; it's more influence and such.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_the_Year

7. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

Goddess! you take all the fun out of "Bashing Bush".

where i am he's number one on the top three most hated guys....
    there doin some major ass kissing. they're just trying to get on his good side in case something goes wrong, their ass are screwed.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Maybe because I'm sick of it. I don't even LIKE Bush and I wish people would just shut up about it!

Well lah dee dah. I live in Canada. Figure that one out.

Did you not notice how every president for quite some time has been man of the year at least once, or how you don't have to be liked to be the man of the year? It's not like the Times was having trouble and needed to kiss ass, kiddo.

9. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

No need to get angry Nephilim!
    If you don't like the subject, dont post if your'e going to end up screaming at people that you dont care. This thread is for discussions, not arguments.
    Please try to keep your temper. I found your post to be somewhat rude.

Kaiyontormentor

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Oh, heaven forbid I try to show the fact that EVERY PRESIDENT that's been elected for, what, half a century has been Times Person of the Year, and not that this is some eeeeeeeevil right wing conspiracy. In case you didn't realise, I -am- discussing the subject, and how it's not a big shocker or a statement on Times editorial crew. Do you know what a presidential man of the year means? Nobody truly noteworthy came through, that's what.

Edit: I do find it interesting that you only replied to one thing and told me to leave the thread instead of replying to the facts I posted. Poor form, lad.

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I only asked you to be more calm when posting. As for my discussion, Im sorry i couldnt get on the facts, but this was the only thread I could check before i took a midterm exam in school. If I dont discuss something its because i dont have the time to. I just didnt like your attitude at the time and had to tell you to not be so angry about the thread or discussion.

KaiyonTormentor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.