Today's Mesmerizing Fantasmagoria.. okay not.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Ciel, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Let me tell you about today.. I drove to Wallaceburg on this most boring highway stretch. I was biting my lip so I wouldn't fall asleep and space out.

The reason I drove to the great land of W was to teach a class of grade oners. The lady's notes on what I needed to do were a bit vague at parts.. haha. At 10:30am a Co-op student came in. This was around a stupid part where I had to clap to the kids?? lol. She came and said 'now is math' I felt she was sort of a bitch. How she passed out some sheets. Of course it was her way of helping out.

Here's the most horrible point in the day: After that math clapping point, the kids had to work on these Calendar sheets. They had to write in the number of days in the month of November in a calendar month block. All they had to do was trace in the 1 that was already there and keep going all the way to 30. They had 20 minutes to work on this. The co-op student said at 12:45 she takes them to the computer lab. I didn't think anything of it. When the kid was done, he'd go down to the comp lab with his/her finished work. Honestly, if the co-op student, who was almost my age hadn't said anything. I would have just made them all go down and finish their numbers some other time.. but for some reasont he co-op student made it sound like they all had to get it right. weird eh? She knew that teacher best.

I had about 8 kids left. And I really don't think they were THIS STUPID
    almost all their numbers were reversed. I told them to sit closer to me in other desks. How many times did I tell them? I became very stern after the 6th time. Then I did a lecture. YES a lecture. I went through all the numbers and showed them how to write them out. .. no good. They must have daydreamed they were teletubbies or something. This one girl.. she kept poking me. I'd help her and tell her to sit down and I'd come back. Then she got up and poked me when I was helping someone else. She'd poke me and poke me. I'd say go back to your spot. After I got poked by three kids that's when I decided to go lecture style. I got at least 4 of the kids understanding.. the rest were in China for all I know... mentally I mean.

At the end, I met the Principal in the hallway. She asked about my day. I told her that roughest part^ She told me the co-op student shouldn't be left alone with the kids. See.. I'm high school trained. I didn't think much of it. Then she said 'don't let the co-op student tell you what should be done' I told her she didn't. But it was the first time I had a co-op student in a class I supplied.

Anyways, she asked me if I got many teaching days, so I started talking to her about how the system calling works, I told her I taught french immersion for a year at the high school and gave her a business card. oh well. that was Monday... I haven't faced my cats at home yet..

oh I forgot to mention. by the end of the day I chatted with Tasha the co-op student. She really opened up. We talked about teachers from the Pines, where it seems we both went(she then went to Dresden). She wants to get into child social work.

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

hehe funny kids ^_^!

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Kids will be kids. Since they don't do 1st grade, 2nd grade etc... here, whats the average age of 1st graders? Just so i know how ald the kids actually are.

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think 6 or 7 year old not sure...