Tomoe

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Saiyan ChiChi, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

Are there any Tomoe fans here?

From what I hear, there are a lot of RK fans who dislike her. Personally I really like Tomoe. I thought she was a very interesting character. She definitely isn't the average anime girl. I like the way she and Kenshin fell in love without even trying to.

What are your thoughts on Tomoe?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

i like her. i think shes a much better match for Kenshin than Kaoru. personally i liked the fact that she was strong enough to seek revenge on Battousai for the death of her fiancee but weak enough that she fell in love with the very man she had sworn to kill...very interesting turn around....

3. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Now I definately wanna see the series. Grr, stupid video store :( they onyl had the first DVD. I hear she's a good match for him ^_^ Anyways, even though I haven't seen her in the anime or read the manga, I quite like her. Good first impression on what I've heard already so, I'm sure she's a good character. Seems pretty amusing, falling in love with a sworn rival, and all :sweat: hehe. She's cool. (um, speaking from not much experience...)

--Beauty :catgirl:

4. ShinigamiSenshi

ShinigamiSenshi New Member

i also think Tomoe is a better match for Kenshin than Kaoru. i still love Kaoru tho. Tomoe is really beautiful and quite a mysterious character. its always hard to tell what she is thinking. thats one thing i love about her. she tends to keep u guessing. Kenshin and Tomoe are one of my most favorite couples.

5. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I like Kaoru but it was Tomoe who caused Kenshin to change his ways, she even saved his life. She is a quiet, expressionless character but that's what makes her more cool. I thought the way she tried to hate Kenshin but ended up falling in love with him was so romantic.

6. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

Tomoe is a great character. Trying to avenge a love yet falling in love with the killer. Quite interesting. She's very beautiful too (in an anime sort of way).

7. Dante_Torashin

Dante_Torashin New Member

Tomoe is the best. i personally think she's best for Kenshin than Kaoru. That's why I've seen the first Ova like 10 times.

8. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

i don't like her but yet i don't hate her either. because she taught the battosai to love and i think that's a very important thing. exspecialy for a killing maciene that he was. and i think that she is a bit better than kaoru because as i get to know a bit more about her i learn that she was actually pretty cool. :catgirl:

9. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I cant say I really like her, but I dont dislike her either. At first, she was just htere, but then, when I saw how much of an impact she was on Kenshin in the second dvd of Saumri X, a respected her, cause she brought a better side of Kenshin out. I do think it's sad about what hapened (for those of you who dont know, I'M NOT TELLING) *sings* but if it hadn't, Kenshin never would have met Kaoru, who I think is a better match for him. Tomoe was just to....well boring for a guy like Kenshin. In my opinion. At the beginning, I had a feeling that if they really did get married and lived together, and she hadn't changed him, he probably....
    Well, I'm going to stop right there....^.^ Heh heh, dont want to tick off and Tomoe fans....
    *hides*

10. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

i love her she is the best match for Kenshin ... i wonder if she didnt die what name would they put to their son or daughter... will they even have one?
    misao

11. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i like Tomoe. I liked Smurai X. I found it amazing how Tomoe fell inlove with the battousai. I still cannot understand why she fell inlove with him, but thats what happened.

12. Hitokiri_Gensai

she fell in love with him because she saw a softer side that she loved...it wasnt that she fell in love with Battousai, she fell in love with Himura Kenshin.

as for them having kids...Tomoe liked kids but she didnt work with them well...Kenshin loved kids however...so...whether or not they would have had them is a different story.

13. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

yes, u r right , she fell inlove with Kenshin, not with a battousai. But kenshin and battousai are the same face. And she fell inlove with him too suddenly. At fist i didnt have a clue that Tomoe even liked him, and then suddely they got together :dizzy2:

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

the same face has nothing to do with it. it wasnt a physical love as much as it was an emotional love. she fell in love with a softer man than battousai, one who had real emotions and feelings. someone who loved humanity. but perhaps, there is somewhat of a physical side to it, she fell in love with his eyes. Kenshin had soft eyes, very different from the coldness that came from the eyes of Battousai.

15. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy New Member

tomoe is cool. but i didnt get to watch the movie but i know what happens. yea i guess she was really different. she was like always calm and stuff. thats cool

16. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

I am absolutely obsessed with Tomoe :dizzy2: I adore everything about her, I try to be like her in every way possible :blush2:

17. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

tomoe betrayed kenshin. enough said! kaoru would never do that. EVER!!! also i feel kenshin is a very sexual person. kaoru can be too but tomoe doesn't really believe in it. KAORU IS THE BETTER MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

XD what a moron! :p Kenshin and Tomoe did it in a waayy shorter time than it took for Kenshin to summon up the courage to do it with that unlady-like, selfish, violent little girl!!!!!! ;)

19. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

it took him longer to get with me because he knew that unlike that sl*t tomoe, i was inoscent and did not want to take my inoscence away from me without me totally wanting that! kenshin knew to respect me, unlike tomoe! :anger2:

20. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

Without a doubt the person whose has suffered the most with Kaoru around is Kenshin. Ever since they met, she has served as nothing but a distraction and a reason for pain. From Kenshin's first real opponent, Kaoru was kidnapped and Kenshin had to go save her. Since then, she has been of no real use to her friend. It is sickening to watch her stand by and distract Kenshin just as she is about to go into battle. Just when Kenshin is focused and determined, the screen switches to her face yelling like a whining fool and all of a sudden the Rurouni is weak and unprepared. For example, take Kenshin's first battle with Saito. Anyone could tell by Kenshin's eyes that he was focused and prepared for combat. He takes a step forward, only to feel someone grab at his shirt. Guess who it was? Yep, the b*tch. She grabs onto his shirt and leans her face into his back. Suddenly Kenshin is snapped out of focus, and is thinking of something other than battle. He is thinking of what Kaoru is feeling, because he is that type of person. What do you think happens during battle? Kenshin gets severely injured. He goes for his Ryu-Tsui Sen and immediately gets beaten to the floor. Kenshin, the legendary fighter, is beaten in the first move. The person he fought prior to Saito did not include Kaoru in the picture, and he won EASILY. When you look at the big picture, Kenshin fared much better with Kaoru NOT in the background then when she was there yelling and crying like a moron. Kaoru can't even follow instructions, going to Kyoto to be a distraction even when Kenshin said that it was imperative that she didn't. What a b*tch! Though most viewers of the show appreciate Kaoru's character design and voice acting, there is no doubt that she has cause MANY MANY problems for Kenshin, whether it's being kidnapped or getting herself in a condition where Kenshin has to go on some mission to save her. With all her worthlessness (she can't even cook!) Kenshin STILL has to wash her clothes and stand her whining. How unfair. Kaoru must be destroyed!