Tomoe

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Saiyan ChiChi, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

Throughout the series, Kenshin has suffered pain, and then more pain at the hands of Kaoru. This pain is not direct, but indirect as the worthless b*tch gets captured over and over again, and then needs to be saved again and again. Had Kaoru been destroyed early on in the series, many of Kenshin's wounds and scars would never have had the chance to appear. Not only would he not have to have gone on so many pointless missions, his mind would be more clear, and more focused. Every time Kenshin is about to fight an unavoidable battle (many times because of Kaoru), she always has to yell or whine, or get in the way in some form. Kenshin loses focus, and then it's another scar to add to the collection. Examples include battles between Kenshin and Sayo's brother and Kenshin and Saitoh. Even in the VERY FIRST episode Kenshin had to save Kaoru! Kaoru always gets into the way. If Kaoru has been smashed early on in the series, perhaps sometime after they met Megumi, many things would be better. By then Kenshin was very good friends with Yahiko and Sano, and would definately stayed with them at the dojo, or some other location close by. Megumi would be able to get closer to Kenshin, and thus deliver more prompt medical service. Sano and Yahiko would move in with the show's hero, and the storyline would go on from there. Everything would be better from there. Kaoru would not need to be captured, and Kenshin could fight knowing that all of his friends were safe. Focused and ready, we would see a better warrior.

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

about that fight with Saitou. something you must understand is that, Kenshin is an extremely powerful swordsmen, one who has faced death hundreds of times and has beaten it without fail. one who has wielded the "Satsujinken". Kaoru didnt take away his concentration at all. you must understand that Kenshin had wandered far and near without a real use for his sword. No matter how powerful you are, if you dont use your sword, your skills will slip. Now, Saitou was part of the Kenkaku Keikantai, while Kenshin was wandering the country he was fighting in the Southwest War. he had a use for his sword everyday. So, over the ten year period, Kenshin's skills slipped and Saitou's remained the same. Kenshin even has doubts about if he would be able to fight Saitou at all. When Saitou first reappeared in Kenshin's life, he did so by smashing in a wall at the Kamiya Dojo. in comparison, Kenshin was only able to make a crack using his Battou-jutsu. Concentration doesnt start before the battle, it starts the moment you draw your sword with the intention of defeating or killing your opponent. Kenshin already was ready, its part of a swordsmen, your always ready, always prepared to kill or be killed. its the warrior's spirit.

As for Kaoru getting in the way. yes, she does, but in the same way that Tomoe was Kenshin's saya, so is Kaoru. she keeps him from returning to the Hitokiri locked deep in his heart. well, i imagine you havent read the complete manga.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Enishi plans on breaking Kenshin, just as he had done to him. to make him experience living hell. and in doing so he "kills" Kaoru. Even as good friends, when this happens the whole group breaks up. Sano returns to Shinsuu, Yahiko begins to become angry with himself, and most importantly. Kenshin disappears from the dojo. he goes to Raikuninmura and chains up his sword and refuses to move. The whole group is based around Kaoru and based around the things she does. regardless of how she gets in the way, the simple truth is that Kenshin does love her and she is very important. So important that hes willing to return to her, no matter what happens.

3. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

listen lady, if you really loved kenshin than you would respect his decisions! he loves me as he loved you now give it a rest! i sweare, if i was ever to meet you it would be a battle between you and me to the finish! how dare you say i trouble him? if you do not recall, if it weren't for me and the rest of the "keshin-gumi", he never would have been able to master the akameki no ryu hirameki (aka the "final attack") *please excuse me if i spelt it wrong, its not like i have it in front of me*. be thankful he had enough respect to see you at your grave at all. he ever told you how he had me now! you were the troublesome one! you were the one who almost brought him to his end!!!!! :anger2: i sweare, if i had a sword and you were standing infront of me.....

4. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

*ahem* I think you need to watch your temper. What's happened has happened and its already in the past. You can't change the way the story goes. Tomoe did what he believed was right for his perspective.

As for that last comment you made.......*sigh* watch your temper.

KaiyonTormentor

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

please watch the temper. any more and ill have to talk to the other moderators and admin about banning you.

~Hitokiri_Gensai

1 person likes this.
  6. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

I just watched Betrayal again.. and Tomoe did NOT betray him, she had a plan to kill Kenshin, she never tried, and that was before she knew him, the only betrayal in that whole movie was from Iidzuka...Tomoe was the one was deceived by that last guy ><
    and btw; YOU are not kaoru, I am NOT Tomoe.. stop acting so childish :sweat2:

1 person likes this.
  7. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Well said. If you want to be Karou, go to the Roleplaying Section.

KaiyonTormentor

8. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

hmm..Why wouldn't she allow Kenshin to fight Shishio ? It's not because she is concerned about Kenshin. She said it herself "Would you destroy what we have together ?"
    thats one of his decisions, right?

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

She was ultamitly afraid that he would die or return to being Battousai. Kaoru lives in what seems to be a very small world. Kenshin wasnt fighting for her or anything like that, he was fighting to keep Japan together. Shishio was threatening to destroy the entire Government. something that thousands of people died to create. For the most part Kenshin fights for the good of the country, not for himself or for the people around him. Kaoru is very petty in the fact that she can almost not see this at all...

10. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

and if you were roleplaying, that is not how kaoru would act she would say something like this :mad:
    (Taken from 'Seiso Hen'):
    Tomoe-san... I might not be able to
    live a life of integrity and rigor like
    you did. I don't think I can be more
    important than you were for Kenshin.
    However, I will support him as much
    as I can, in the best way I can. So
    please... please leave Kenshin to me...
    Tomoe-san.

11. Himura Tomoe

Himura Tomoe New Member

umm.. I was wondering where or what kind of thing gave you that impression :bleed: when I first saw Rurouni Kenshin I thought Kenshin was a virgin XD! and he doesn't go out and get women and stuff.. and it looked like to me when Tomoe fell on Kenshin, she wanted him..XD