Comics Too many bad guys.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Quistis, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Does anyone out there think that when u make a movie with a super hero there should be just one bad guy and not two, b/c with two u get two different storie lines or the two vilien join together which makes them look less powerfull to have a partner?

I think it should be balanched out.:rolleyes:

2. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Immediately your question makes me think of Daredevil, since there was Bullseye as well as Mr. Big.

Well, I dunno. I guess it makes things interesting to have more than one main villain. Cuz if you only have one, then the series is pretty much over once they are gone. But if you have two or three, you get several good battles, plus you get to experience other characters and their special powers. Also, in a world where the main character has special powers, there's the strong possibility that there are others, maybe many other characters, who also can do trippy stuff.

I dunno if I answered your question, but then again I don't know much about super heroes. My roommates are really into comic books so they probably could blow us away with a nuts discussion on all this.

3. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

I find that mulitple villians can work great if they play off of each other.

For example:

Max Shreck, really evil dude in Batman Returns kills Selena Kyle making her really cool conflicted psyco chick AKA Catwoman.

Max works for his goal: control and power
    Selena works for her goal: MAX'S BLOOD!

Batman has to make sure that as little people as possible end up getting whacked by the two of them.

I thought it was fantastic!