Transformers Transformers Energon

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by VM1070, Feb 1, 2004.

1. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I just got the chance to watch this new version of TF last night on Cartoon Network. It was the first Saturday night that I was actually home to watch some shows.

I have to say--It really didnt grab me like I had hoped it would from all the hipe. I knew they were going a different route with the whole power-links storyline, but making the new Prime almost a Voltron style transformer really didnt set well in my stomach.

Also, the animation style when to TF would change from vehicle to robot mode has really deminished since the preivous series.

I did like the power suite Prime gives to the kid in the series. Might be worth watching to see what this can do. I guess I need to give it a chance, but you know what they say about first impressions.

Victor

2. VM1070

Update #2

Ok Fans,

I tied myself to the couch and grabbed the tv remote and tuned in to CN on Saturday night again.

Yes, I watched TF Energon again. From the website, this was episode 2. I have to say, I am an old school TF fan. I am also a person that believes, "If it is not broken, don't fix it."

Please, please, please, someone tell me what the #@%$ did they do to Ironhide. Does anyone from the TF company see the bad difference in the animation this show has as aposed to the prior incarnations.

They really need to clean this up a bit. It looks more like they were thinking of CGI and jumped to animation at the last second.

I am a fan, I as a fan, I am holding out that this version has to get better sooner or later.

Let's hear from the gallery........

Victor

Attached Files:

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I bought the first Transformers: Energon comic and it's rather ok. But the G1 ones by dreamwave outclasses it by far.

^Shen^

4. VM1070

I have noticed that the comics do tend to be a little better than the TV versions.

Did you see the third episode--I missed it last weekend and I am kinda mad that I did.

Victor

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I havn't watched any episodes but I'm quite keen on it, just wondering how many episodes are there in the whole series?

^Shen^

6. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

It's brand new. They're up to episode 10 in Japan