CLAMP Works TRC: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Anime

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

The first episode animated adaptation of CLAMP's TRC is out. I was able to watch it, and I'm a bit dissapointed. I love many of the voice actors, the music is exhillerating at points, but the anime just doesn't have a proper flow.

I've read several volumes of the manga and the anime cuts out a lot of the story. I'm thinking it's a 26 episode show, or I feel like it's been editted for tv?

The colours and character design (minus a few faces that could be a bit more elongated at some parts) and scenery are beautiful though.. Anyways I won't give up on watching it.

Tell me what you all think of it. I may be too critical because I'm somewhat comparing it to the manga, but I've been told by a non-manga reader it's very choppy too.

2. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

there were some places that were humorous in the manga that they put into the anime that didn't really fit. the character look really thin and lanky.

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Well, I just found it hilarious! Seeing all CLAMP characters in an anime...
    I haven't looked through the manga, and this might be the reason why I'm not diappointed with the anime. Maybe when I get the manga, my opinion would change.

4. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

I found the manga to be pretty convoluted and a bit long winded. It's also odd to hear the voices of the different characters after I've seen the other anime's they were originally from. Not sure how to rate the anime yet since this is the sort of thing you have to give a bit of time to fully critique though. As for 26 episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing wound up longer than that. Going to have to look it up though...