Computers Trojan Horse: Downloader.Swizzor.H

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Shen, May 30, 2004.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

My computer has recently come across this new trojan horse virus called Downloader.Swizzor.H. and this was picked up by AVG anti-virus program. I ran a check as soon as I found that out and it did... it seemingly sorted out the problem and I stuck it in the AVG vault and later deleted it. (Might be useful if I tell you exactly where I found it - D:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\CONTENT.IE5\KTE7S563\DOWNLO~1.EXE

This was a month ago... since then my computer continuosly recevied the same warning window about this Trojan horse virus and has asked to use AVG to remove it. I do so everytime, but everytime it finds nothing.

Using all the anti-virus programs I have... AVG... Norton... Lavasoft adware remover... Spybot spyware remover, none gives me anything and still I get this messege now and then. The thing is, it doesn't seem to do anything. It hasn't hampered with anything on my computer to my knowledge except cause a few sites to not load sometimes, and slow down internet loading (sometimes). However I'm not sure if the torjan horse is causing this.

Also. When I got this trojan a month ago, I've found little to no information regarding Downloader.Swizzor.H. But today I searched again and this time I see that a few other people have also got this trojan horse... well at least in some sort of different form such as:

- Downloader.Swizzor.S
    - Downloader.Swizzor.AA
    - Downloader.Swizzor.A
    - Downloader.Swizzor.G
    - Downloader.Swizzor.C
    - Downloader.Swizzor.M
    - Downloader.Swizzor.W

But no one has yet picked up my one "...... .H" The strange thing is, is that everyone who's got this trojan horse (or different form of the same thing) has also had it picked up by AVG. Which seems more than coincidental.

So, though it's not exactly troubling my pc performance as such and I'm sure I can live with this as long as the pc doesn't go whack, I'm getting increasing paranoid about it. So, to any of you PC pros out there. Lend me a help.

Thank you in advance

[edit]The message hasn't popped up since the day I posted this message (30th May '04). And my way of removal was using Panda-ActiveScan online. I suggest you use this if you encounter this trojan horse (touch wood)[/edit]

- Shen