two other email from sandy franks entertainment

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by eagleclaw, May 15, 2003.

1. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

three other emails from sandy frank entertainment

I just got three emails from sandy frank entertainment and they read:

Phil,

Every TV station in the world has turned down the use of the original BATTLE episodes as looking and feeling to old. Good for video, but bad for TV.

The new voices are sound alikes for the old voices, but fresher and younger.

There is no chance to go back to the original voices.

Rhino home video will continue to release the original shows, including a boxed set this fall.

Phil Oldham

Phil,

I don't agree with them, but that is what they say everytime.

The problem is they program cartoons for kids, not grown ups, and the do not see BATTLE is acceptable to today's kids.

We will pitch the new show to Cartoon Channel in 2 weeks.

Phil Oldham

Phil,

Fat Albert is not being sold over TV but by Time-Life, who they sold the rights to. We talked with them and they had no interest.

Rhino tried to sell thru the Columbia DVD club, but sales were so poor they dropped it.

If there is a way to sell BATTLE we have tried it.

Phil Oldham

2. eagleclaw

eagleclaw New Member

could battle be shown on cartoonnetwork finally

whats up battle fans i have just received an email from sandy frank entertainment and it reads

we Had a very good meeting with the new management of THE CARTOON NETWORK< and think we can get a deal done to do the new version, (not the original voices). Will let you know more when there is more to know.

Phil

the previouse emails fron sandy franks entertainment and they all read

just got three emails from sandy frank entertainment and they read:

Phil,

Every TV station in the world has turned down the use of the original BATTLE episodes as looking and feeling to old. Good for video, but bad for TV.

The new voices are sound alikes for the old voices, but fresher and younger.

There is no chance to go back to the original voices.

Rhino home video will continue to release the original shows, including a boxed set this fall.

Phil Oldham

Phil,

I don't agree with them, but that is what they say everytime.

The problem is they program cartoons for kids, not grown ups, and the do not see BATTLE is acceptable to today's kids.

We will pitch the new show to Cartoon Channel in 2 weeks.

Phil Oldham

Phil,

Fat Albert is not being sold over TV but by Time-Life, who they sold the rights to. We talked with them and they had no interest.

Rhino tried to sell thru the Columbia DVD club, but sales were so poor they dropped it.

If there is a way to sell BATTLE we have tried it.

Phil Oldham

3. Gatchafan2003

Gatchafan2003 New Member

Can you give me Sandy Franks e-mail address ? Or web site ?
    Does anyone know when the old series will be released by Rhino ? This fall ; but like an idea of when ?

TTYL

"LOVE THAT GATCHAMAN !" :anime: