Art UK, scourge of pencils and paper, strikes again...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by UrashimaKeitaro, Aug 17, 2002.

1. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

That's right folks.. I posted a new pic in the gallery, go check it out and tell me what was good and what sucked (notice how I'm avoiding my trouble spots... well, not really... *everything* is my trouble spot...

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    hide the children

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Actually I really like it, but I'm trying to figure out if those are scars on his face or flames of energy passing by... I like your style of eyes as well in this one ^^

3. UrashimaKeitaro

wow... thanks for the compliment!

it's supposed to be scars, he was treated *very* poorly growing up (not by his parents, they were dead)

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Got a response! YAY!!!

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Hey, nice pic. Came out really good.

5. YokoburiKinura

Uh, yeah, is (hic) different). (hic) Like I say, you've improved. (hic) (sorry today I've decided to write in (hic) every time my spasms (hic) with another hiccup) (hic) Anyway, he is very different (hic) from what I imagined (hic) but then if you (hic) see the other four characters (hic) from that story you (hic) can see why.

6. UrashimaKeitaro

Well YK, there's a couple good reasons for that...

1) The drawing is not how I envisioned the character, there are a lot of differences.. I couldn't draw them right

2) our styles are different, so my rendition removes it further from your interpretation

Well... that's that.... I'll still draw more in the future, I've gotten some real mixed reviews on this one though... one person praised my shading and ripped into me on the hair, another said the hair was the best she'd seen done in pencil, another said that the eyes "don't fit" so it's all very different from everyone...

Well, only way to improve...

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    is to kick him in the head repeatedly

7. YokoburiKinura

OK.