Yaoi and Yuri Ukes or Semes?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Jul 5, 2006.

?

Which do you like more?

1. Semes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ukes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Both (who cares, it's two guys doing it either way!!! >D)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None. I don't like yaoi/yuri. I don't know why I'm even in this forum if i don't like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fushigi Rockna

Which do you prefer? :p

Just some info for you, uke and seme are terms used in yaoi. I don't know if they're used in yuri too, but sometimes people will use them in describing a het pairing (and those people are most likely yaoi fans that are just so used to the terms in the first place =P)

Uke = term for the person on the bottom
    Seme = term for the person on top

There are stereotypes that apply to each term as well. Semes are usually stronger, more masculine and aggresive. Ukes are usually the uber feminine ones and can be shy and weak and therefore easy prey for naughty seme. >D These are just stereotypes tho. there are many kinds of ukes and semes, and some characters manage to be both (turn taking! xD)

But which you like more usually?

I like ukes more than semes. I'm in love wiht the idea of the reluctant uke. if you ever read any of my fanficition (which you probably won't because I'm too shy to show them and I usually write them for my own reading pleasure not anyone else's) you'll see I like to use reluctant ukes alot. Seto Kaiba is my uber reluctant uke. But next to reluctant ukes, I like the cute molestable ones too. <3

2. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I have heard both these terms before. Thank you, I had no idea what they were. From what I read..i'm diffently going for seme. More my type.