Music Underground&Mainstream bands

Discussion in 'Music' started by Desolated Neko, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

One of my favorite underground bands is known as Avenge Sevenfold, which is moving toward Mainstream at the moment. One of their songs known as "Unholy Confessions" (Kicka*s song!) was basically played quite often at an alternative radio station and their CDs are on sale at major stores. I'm not a big fan of alot of the Mainstream bands at the moment, : / mostly because their songs were overplayed so often that you get kinda annoyed after awhile.

^^ Anyone heard of Social Code, Default or Third Eye? (New bands I recently heard about)

2. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

I don't think going mainstream is really that bad. I mean I'm happy that bands like Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, God Forbid and Killswitch Engage are getting play on the heavier stations and headbangers ball. It's about time this stuff made it on to the radio again. I do know what you mean about over playing though. It sucks and that is why I avoid the radio. I listen to a few internet stations since over playing is close to none. I have heard of Default. I don't like them. What are the other two bands like?

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I completly understand why you dont like mainstream. ^_^ But personally, I dont have anything against going mainsteam though. Cuz then good underground bands, that have talent, can get recidnized for it. But alot of times thats when you get, the whole poser thing, and people start going around talking how its thier favorite band and you've been a fan for years. But for the most part i think its for the best, when bands go mainstreem. Bad sometimes comes with the good.

4. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

Hm...I only heard one song from each band once on the radio and both Social Code and Third Eye resemble none of the bands I've known..^^ Maybe that's why I like them so much. But check out their lyrics..it's pretty tight. oO I never heard of any of the bands you listed either....Are they heading mainstream?

5. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Well I dont enjoy makinsteam bands. I used to be really into yellowcard after when they opened up for Jane's Addiction at a concert I went to see. They sang v. well and with all their might. But then I see their song reaching the top of the charts, and then I saw them in concert again, and they werent good anymore. It happens as they become more mainstream, the people dont want to see them work their asses of screaming, and they perfer a more subdued tone.