Anime Fan Fiction Utena's choice.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Chance, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

[So I decided I should write a fanfiction. A short one atleast. This one is based on Uevolutionary Girl Utena. I hope you all enjoy, the story isn't as greatly known as some..]

Her legs shifted restlessly towards the end of the bed, shuffling the sheets around them as her eyes fluttered through the initial R.E.M. of the night. She had been thinking long and hard recently on the events of the duels, and what she had been doing with herself. She was no fighter, nor did she have any reason to fight.. Except for Anthy.

She'd seen her treated like a play thing by Saionji, talked down to by Juri and ignored completely by most of the student body. But Utena.. She felt something special inside Anthy. Not just the fact she was the rose bride, but maybe that fact she was even more. She was kind and took responsibility even though she didn't really want it. Utena couldn't think of anyone stronger.

Now, her mind was lost dreams. Heavily breathing in slumber, her body restlessly twitching from time to time and she changed position.

_______

The sky above her was the color of pink easter grass, with a tinge of gold in the horizon. It looked like sundown to the girl as she turned away from the sea, her body easily facing away from the cliff and out towards the school. Her school, Ohtori Academy, was a large one. Not large in the sense it had a large student body, but more that it spanned over a very spead out area.

Even in the dream, she expected to see Anthy following behind her like some sort of faithful companion, but she was nowhere in sight. Utena didn't linger at the cliff, but instead made her way towards the dorm rooms on Campus. Her slender legs left bare in her school uniform, the only one of it's kind in campus because all the other girls wore skirts with their little sailor suits. Utena though, she wore shorts like a boy, and a long sleeved blazer.

Tugging at one of her sleeves as she moved, she noticed one of the buttons missing. She sighed, rolling her cobalt eyes and stopping. "Great.. I lose one of my favorite cameo buttons. That's my luck alright.." From behind her, she could hear something coming closer. Probably another student, she thought as she began to move again. Back to her dorm, back to her room.

A voice called her name though and she turned back, her hands on her hips. "Can I help you?" She asked, eyes slightly narrowing as she saw who it was. "Oh Touga.."

About six feet away was Touga, holding something small between his delicate pianist fingers. He moved closer, looking through the hole his fingers formed with one light blue eye. "Mmm, I spy with my little eye something.." He stopped, and leaned down to kiss the crown of her head. "Beautiful." He whispered as his lips parted from her. "I found this, you know.."

She stepped backwards, looking him over. Touga Kiryuu was, and always would be, a playboy. He was rumored to have slept with half the girls at Ohtori Academy, maybe even Anthy. Utena was sure of one thing though. She wouldn't have her reputation mucked up by someone like him.

"Touga, get over yourself." She scoffed, snatching the button with a small huff. She continued to watch him, her expression a bored one. "You stalking me now?"

"No Miss Utena Tenjou, I have no need to stalk you. You appear before me far too often, even in my dreams." He flashed a brilliant smile, and crossed his arms. "Which makes me wonder why you dislike me so? All I've wanted from you was a chance and even that seems to elude me." His face was pleasant, calm, but his eyes were sad. Void of happiness the moment he said the words to her.

"Touga, do you really want to know why I avoid you? Why I try so hard to make you the enemy?" She paused, eyes downcast as she spoke. "It's because I can't trust myself with you. Call it an attraction I can't conquer."

Touga purred out a quick reply, his eyes flashing to match his devilish smile. "Utena, that's wonderful! I mean, if you feel as I do, then don't hold back against it." Utena shook her head though, moving her arms to hold herself. He was so close then, his body's warmth tickling her senses.

"Touga, you don't get it. I can't. I'm just not ready for what you're into..You're too fast, too popular. Too well known by the female population here at Ohtori. And to be honest.." She trailed off slowly, biting her bottom lip as if unsure she should continue.

Touga looked away, back towards where the ocean and sky met as he spoke. "Someone else..?"

Utena's ears seemed to perk up, and she nearly let out a sigh of relief. She hadn't been sure if telling him was a good idea, but if he already knew, what could it hurt?

"Yes, that's it. I'm going to sound silly now, but I'm looking for my..Prince." She smiled to herself mostly, still watching him as he gazed out at the water in the fading light. "I've known I've wanted this almost all my life; Since my parents died atleast."

"Utena..What if I am infact your prince? What if I am exactly what you're looking for? Would my reputation matter then?" He finally glanced back for a moment before vanishing. Utena spun around quickly, looking for any sign of him she could spot. He wasn't there anymore, gone like her memories since she'd come to this place.

What if infact he was the prince she so longed for? She felt herself shiver, her feet taking her closer to the interlocking structure of the school. Interchangeable and constantly an object of movement, the school seemed like something magical had brought it there; And inturn had brought all the duelists to it.

They all had conflicts, inner and outer conflicts that caused them to persue change. They needed it for their own reasons. Utena wanted to be free; Independent, and free of all the weakness she had. And she couldn't let anyone else hurt Anthy like Saionji had. Such a fool to hurt such a sweet girl.

She arrived at the main entrance, leaving the grounds behind her as she stepped quietly through the large red wood doors. She was met with the same high ceiling above the hall, her body gliding over the ornate carpeting as she searched. For what, she wasn't quite sure yet..

[more to come]

2. Fushigi Rockna

Oh. Em. Eff. Gee. More. I need more. XDD

Your writing style is amazing Chance, i feel as if i hadn't watch Utena myself I would still be able to perfectly picture the characters with your descriptions~ wow. =3

*cheers on more*

3. Chance

Eh, I write when I have the time. Lately I haven't been on much. Maybe more this week. =P

4. Chance

Updated. A short one.

5. Fushigi Rockna

Niiiiicccccceeeeeeeeee. Question tho, which does this take place in? The manga, the anime or the movie?

6. Chance

Funny thing, I made Ohtori like it is in the movie whereas the characters are a mix. They have elements from all three in them. Lucky me for obsessing over all three.

Whoo hoo! 1000th post.

7. Fushigi Rockna

Ah, that's why it was hard to determine. I thought tv series at first, but the school moving like in the movie threw me off enough to ask. I see now. =) The Touga looking away bit reminded me so much of the elevator scene...

speaking of which...

you avvie....;.; That scene made me cry so! ><

*scuttles off*

8. Chance

That scene is what made the movie. That scene was probably the best single scene I have ever seen in an anime, or any movie alone. It broke my heart completely. =( I love it though. It was just amazingly well done.

9. Fushigi Rockna

I agree 100%. That scene is the saddest anime scene ever...Except in the dub, where Crispin Freeman's young Touga voice kinda ruins the mood a tad. D8
    Either way *love*