Video Games Video Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shengla_Gra, Apr 18, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

it seems to be that HTML coding is off...I can't do that [image]url[/image] thing

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

actually if I get a Playstation 2 a game that I have been pondering for quite some time to get is the Sorceress Stabber Orphen game by Activision. I'm not sure what this game is like though but I think the anime is really cool, I'm hoping the game has stuff from the anime in it...has anyone one here played it by any chance?, what'd you think of it?

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Well, I just grabbed the Sabers (and an evaluation copy of livin large to use it with). Too much fun! It is kinda sick though, it seems to take away the need to have a life. It's wanting for a few more models of course.. (yes, I know they say they will add some). The R sabers for kids.. why not add Yumeji as well? Thanks for the link btw
    -----------------
    why is it that when they are all friends it looks like they're gay?

4. Shengla_Gra

Shengla_Gra New Member

I have lately been using warriors as well
    http://hurri.mine.nu/warriors/

It's pretty cool, I'm Valor a lvl 4 elf. My Friend though answered a riddle right and for a reward the man turned his donkey into a GOLD DRAGON! I hate him for that! He is a female lvl 3 elf!

------------------
    When death is on your door,

RUN!!!!!!!!

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

(It's all that dancing and hugging methinks...)

Geez, The Sabers has taken a chunk outta my life I must say...Cherry can now cook a very filling meal, and works as an Itern at SIm Hospital...Lime is a Pro Athlete...and Bloodberry is on her way in the business world as an Exec...Can't wait for the full release!

BakaMattSu, yelling at the top of his lungs "Only in a sim could these three live without Otaru!!!!"

6. MamiyaOtaru

LOL he is sorely lacking
    my three all are in the military, they are sabers after all.

Cherry cooks, Lime is outgoing, bloodberry uses those barbells more than necessary. They really are starting to resemble themselves. Dunno what I'd do with Hanagata tho.. How to get him to like Otaru without the feeling being mutual? I could just banish him to another neighborhood..
    -------------
    Dancing, well that's ok. But what about the kiss option? or back rubs? ewwww!! So far it hasn't happened on its own, but the option is there now.... ew

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hanagata, after all, would have to be a neighbor...we'd just hafta figure out what traits to give him and Otaru so that their horoscope signs clash...and being a neighbor (without a phone), he'll of course be one of those types that drop by without any notice...

BakaMattSu, military x 3 = 0 diversity...

8. MamiyaOtaru

But at least I only have to worry about one carpool pulling up.. it is easier for me to make sure they all get to work, when they fgo at the same time. Dang promotions tho.. Maybe I'll change sometime.. since I'd probably have to restart to add another member (ie when we get some new models.)

and yeah, we want Otaru not to like H. but H should like O, (sick of course) how to get it one way? Maybe I should just have Bloodberry ask him to leave every time he shows up.
    ------------------
    they're still sabers :p

9. Shengla_Gra

Shengla_Gra New Member

I Have just got myself a copy of Tales of Destiny and the first Lunar. i plan to get the Gundam Wing Sreet fighter style game soon (I forgot The name). If nobody has ever played Tales of Destiny then you must. The battle system is different then other rpgs. This system is not turn based, intead you can move the character around the screen and attack the enimies at the same time as your allies and your enimies. Try It! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Shengla_Gra (edited May 15, 2001).]

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Tales of Destiny is the continuation of the Super Famicom game Tales of Phantasia (you guessed it, never released outside Japan)...Looking at the back of the case of ToD, it looked to me exactly like ToP (well, a little enhanced for PSX)...Hearing your testimony sort of enforces my theory that gameplay was kept the same...ToP is cool, combining action and RPG in a new way...you actually fight out the combats...while it is a different approach, I found afters hours and hours, this system really got stale...

Anyhow, if you're interested in the (now complete) Translation Patch for ToP check out DeJap Translations:

dejap.zsnes.com

It's still a nice game...I believe the biggest cart ever released for Super Famicom (SNES)...and probably due to it's fully voiced intro...

BakaMattSu, not quite Simmed out yet, but eagerly awaits new stuff for the Sabers...!

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, i hate the gundam series, but i whomp at the creamcast game...i love that thing!! ff4 be my ultimate fav ..others being:
    the sims (but i need to reinstall(again!!))
    phantasy star online, my current craving*^-^*
    ff tactics
    chronotrigger
    riven was really neat too, but i like the surreal tuff...who needs real ife anyways? lol it goes better as a comic anyways..*^-^*

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

AH yes, ff4, can't remember the last time I got into that one...My favorite boss music...

The sims...yes...I put 'em to rest...made the bad move of installing Livin' Large...now it's a big 400 gig sucker whihc I don't have the space for (darned P-133...)...so Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry have to make friends all over again...

BakaMattSu, first five good games that come to mind in ten seconds:

-FF9
    -Baldur's Gate
    -Turtles in Time
    -Jedi Knight
    -Final Fallacy

13. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

You wanna talk about good games? Check out The Bouncer. That game has everything from arcade-style action to brutal 4-way fighting. Even the voice acting is pretty good, and having it available in both english and japanese is always an added bonus. Unfortunately, Sion Barzahd's english actor sucks. He sees his mentor die and yells "Noooooooo!", but he sounds more disappointed than sad, angry, or otherwise upset.

14. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

Another Final Fantasy game I just found out about is Vagant Story its based in the same world as Final Fantasy Tactics and is meant to be an indirect sequel. Man ive had that game on my shelf for a while and didnt even know it was a Final Fantasy game.

~IDAVE~ Ive never heard of Final Fallacy whats that?

15. MamiyaOtaru

quick tangent. I knew there was a reason I had all my sabers join the military. Now they are all promoted to astronaut and can finally go up into space and kick the Mesopotamia in the teeth
    --------------
    still not creative

16. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Hey cloud i used to play tribes 1 with ya just wondering if ya bought nember 2 ??
    Dosent work for me, i go on the IOL server and it just screws up when anything laggy happens [​IMG]

17. air

air New Member

The bouncer.... ????
    Oh dear , i thought it was good for a bit , but then you realise that its 3 hours of gameplay until you've seen literally everything, and i do mean everything. I bought it when it was released in japan and for all the hype it got around then over here, it all seems to have died and i'd say it won't make any kinda dent in the market over here, be lucky if anyone even cares i think.

Onimusha (good chance of this becoming a fantastic series what with the 2nd game due in march in japan with what seems to be an even better storyline)
    Xenogears and xenosaga ( oh yeah baby )
    Devil may cry , due in august in japan , hopefully another winner from shinji mikami, well actually it is , i've played the demo and hopefully the beta in about a month or 2.

Yeay for console games, boooo to same-y pc games

18. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so i won't complain about the Bouncer-bashing. I will, however, say that although the game may be short, the fact that it has multiple endings, and doubles as a fighting game for up to 4 players surely makes up for this fact. The lack of length, however, is a problem I can understand. I've only had the game for a few weeks, and I've already beat it many times.
    On another subject, what's with all those old anime-based video games from the SNES and Genesis days? It seems that there's more of those than there were of "original concept" games from that period!

19. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Astronaut is part of the military?! Who made that decision? So, what's next, Skydiver in the Business track?!

BakaMattSu, well we all know that wouldn't work anyhow...Mesopotamia doesn't have any teeth, only dentures...whaddaya expect after 300+ years?

20. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

So the dude from I Dream of Jeanie is in the military..well it certainly looked that way..
    oh that Jeanie..she is a trouble maker...

Valkerie Profile rules! They should make an anime of it! [​IMG]