Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Anime: Bleach 2

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

I'm a little late in writing down my thoughts on this show but oh well :) The second episode was an improvement just as Ten noticed. The combination of action/horror and humor is not nearly so strained and fit rather well this round; I expect within another episode that it should be a seamless fusion and we'll be ready to ride thereafter. This episode took out chunks of chapter 2 and 3 from the manga and is proceeding at a nice pace. The voice acting once again is stellar; the interactions between Rukia and Ichigo were damn near perfect and so fangirl inspiring in some spots (shh, let me have my moment okay?). On the bleached animation effect, like Ten, I've gained more respect for it. It really fits well when Ichigo goes into Shinigami mode by effecting a visual change in the world around him when he's fully influenced by the spiritual world. However, although moody and really fitting for the Hollow-ing scene of Inoue's brother, I have one pet peeve with this washed out animation being the stock for the spiritual phase. Later in the manga, most of the entire series takes place in the spirit world. I don't think I can honestly watch an entire show done in this bleached, fuzzy animation style. Ugh. I really hope they change it and keep crispness the motto for both world views. Overall, good episode. Improvement over the good but lackluster first episode. I expect this show will start hitting it's stride very soon. *eagerly aways the Ishida episodes which are still a long way down the road*

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/36678.html