Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Anime: Fantastic Children 2 (brief)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

The dates and the names which I had figured were related to the artist female in episode 1, who apparently was one of the "Children," are confirmed. It appears these 'Children' mysteriously are reborn 100 years after their previous incarnation's death, assuming they fell off the white-haired wagon and lived out a full live like Paruza and Mel seem to be doing/did. Christina died in 1759. A hundred years later, her reincarnation of sorts, Serafine, was born and died in 1901. Another hundred years we're to the current girl, Helga born in 2001 who now has reached what apppears to be the critical age of 11 - the age of the Children. All however are compelled it seems to paint the nearly same image (although on a personal note, I think Christina created the prettiest looking version :p ) which seems to be directly tied to the Children. Perhaps the OP sequence and the female in the strangely exotic, alien garb is key to explaining this mysterious cone and moon shape that Helga and her past selves have been drawn to put to paper.This series is incredibly good after only two episodes! The art is smooth and clean and very Castle in the Sky-ish as noted by Matthew. I love the atmospheric mystery surrounding the Children; figuring out the mysteries as they weave over hundreds and hundreds of years just gives me goosebumps :) I'm dying to find out what is the deal with Duma, the other Children-like boy who seems set against the remaining Children. What is with the strange technology the Children have? Why are they being stalked by the strange Shadow-men who seem to have influence over their memories, showing them things that disturb them? Why do they keep reincarnating and must refresh their memory with crystalizations of their true lives' memories? What happened to Lugen aka Paruza? Is he the Thoma we're now seeing? Is that why Thoma's so fascinated with Helga? Argh! I want to see more! :pOh and the ending theme is incredibly beautiful. The soaring vocals drive me insane :) I absolutely love it.

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/38559.html