Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Anime: Kannaduki no Miko 1 (brief)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

Woo! Another new episode watched (I'm on a roll this weekend! Plow through that download backlog!)Fansubber: Static-SubsNot much too say about this series. I love the animation/character designs but I admit.. I was screaming Marimite for the first 10 minutes of the episode. I mean, Chikane was such a near copy of the cool upperclassmen from Maria (I've forgotten her name, ugh). And of course the clueless kouhai [Himeko] who fawns over her *sigh* I'm not fond of yuri at all, but this did have me cracking up. The rose garden reference was a little much even for me :)I feel pain for our poor Oogami, the young cool head man on campus who (following typical shoujo cliche) has a huge crush on his childhood friend - the clueless Himeko. Not only does he find he's one of the Orochis, but both his love and his rival, although he doesn't know she's a rival yet, are the Priestess pair. Himeko (the Solar Priestess) and Chikane (the Lunar Priestess) share a passionate kiss while poor Oogami throws the shackles of his destiny in favor of love, vowing to protect Himeko. Poor clueless guy :(While I love the designs and the whole mythical Orochi vs Priestesses storyline, I'm only mildly interested in this show. The pity I feel for the bishounen (/pat /pat Oogami) while he's cast aside for the fanservice yuri is amusing but not a huge draw for me not being a huge yuri fan. I'll watch KnM as a backburner simply for the cool mecha fights but that's about it :)

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/33768.html