Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Anime: Otogizoushi 12

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

Brief Synopis/Brief Reaction CombinedOnce again, Otogizoushi pulls the stop and proves its absolute incredibleness. This episode was one of the best for the series so far, and considering the already high quality of the show, that's definitely asserting something :) Action packed, drama packed, and just in general incredible.Hikaru and crew are madly busting through the Gate in order to reach Seimei before the Five Pillars of Light are erected. The annex's troops and priests attempt to stop them but are blocked by the group members as they separate. Sadamitsu's sacrifice (along with Kinnoji who stays with him much like Tsuna's devotion to Hikaru) paves the way for Tsuna and Hikaru to make it closer to Seimei. Tsuna's vision problems resurface however and tragedy occurs. Tsuna dies as he lives, with great honor and in steady devotion to Hikaru-sama. His scene is incredibly touching, firing on Hikaru to attack Seimei with her bow - cracking his masking and revealing his identity. I'm sadly not too surprised at the identity of Seimei; his revelation was a major one and it was pretty much down to which main characters we had left on the show. Mansairaku's desire to heal the capital through rebirth from destruction is an apt one for his rather extreme views earlier in the show; the phoenix path that he seems to follow is going head to head with the unicorn path (healing) that Hikaru seems to espouse. This is again a classic example of the lack of a true "hero-enemy" relationship further complicated by the romantic entanglement between the two (Basara anyone?) Much like in X, the ultmate goal of the antagonist is a noble one: the purification and rebirth of the capital. However, the methods about which he chooses to attain such deliverance for the capital is a cold one, desiring destruction in order to prove a rebirth. It's much like setting a wild forest fire in the knowledge that trees and flora shall regrow even better in the fire enriched earth that follows the scorching. But the current trees, ripe with age and time, will fall to this assured regrowth. Perhaps it boils down to a lack of certainty. With destruction, there is an assurance of regrowth. There is nothing else but to regrow; Hikaru however wishes to cause renewal from current "stock" - a much more chancy operation but much more considerate of the existing growth. (Wow, I suddenly had a flashback to my botany days :x).I'm excitedly awaiting the next episode, the final for the Heian arc. Having read some of the posts at Animesuki's forum, I'm salivating over the modern day arc and how it will unfold. I admit I'm a big sucker for end of the world-type narratives, hot Sai-like men, incredible animation, and nicely crafted storylines :)

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/30986.html