Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Jdrama: Kimi wa Pet 5

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

Fansubber: JTVWoah! KwP 5 was out :) Woo!There's a LOT of relationship development in this episode. Fukushima absolutely tops my bitch list now; geez, her conversation with Iwaya was an absolute study in smugness and snide derision at a rival's emotional expense. Her tone of voice literally brought out the "I want to claw her eyes" out part in me; guess I still have that female instinct too. I feel for you, Iwaya!Hasumi is absolutely adorable in this episode, almost rivaling Momo with his childlike delight at getting to spend the night at Iwaya's. The thoughts he and Iwaya had while making out certainly made me giggle a touch. However, once again Iwaya withdraws from him. Further complicating her self-consciousness is the fact that Momo snuck back into the apartment and is now present (hiding of course). Eep! Poor Iwaya's nerves.Later in the episode, psychiatrist once again appears and delineates the underlying problem with Iwaya and Momo and frankly all the relationships in the show. The principle of dominance and subservience in a relationship. The sad fact that most (no, make that all) relationships have an inferior and superior party. Iwaya, like the psychiatrist, can't adjust to being the 'inferior' one - can't adjust to saying I love you etc without regards to 'image.' To a pet, it can be easily said due to a total dominance and the fact that pets cannot betray the feelings. The preference for the security of loving a pet versus loving a true human partner for certain people is what the pychiatrist is trying to get across about both him and Iwaya (and perhaps the rest of us? :) Love without danger can be an appealing idea.It's also an interesting observation of how the insecurities of someone who seems so "together" like Iwaya produce this effect; she seems so well set-off but really how well off is she? As we've seen at the series start, the opinions of others affected even her strong will (headaches, pain, annoyance at everyone always assuming she was the best, the constant envy from others etc etc.); a definite commentary on the emotional fragility of people.I really like this series. Perhaps as a single woman (who used to live with her pet - *cry* poor Tiger), this show sometimes hits a little too close to home for me. (Ack, I'm identifying with Jdrama; I'm scared now!) Loneliness is a deadly thing sometimes. Iwaya has turned to Momo to assist her with it. But can such a relationship, although helpful to her now, really be ultimately a good thing? Can .. no, should she really go through life as the constant superior party? Never having to belittle herself without risk? Or has the risk of doing it before with her previous boyfriend affected her so much that this is probably the best thing for her now? A human pet. Hmm.Either which way, a fun and enjoyable episode :) We're delving into the realm of stuff I haven't read (I've only read the scanlations to vol 3) so I'm dying to know what happens next. The relationship developments after the many "suki desu!" at the end of the show are going to be a definite watch :)

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/31777.html