Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Jdrama: Kimi wa Pet 6 & 7

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

Fansubber: Japan-TV (JTV)Episode 6 was about the employee vacation so there's still some of the manga I've read in the show :) Opps. They changed it though :( No Iwaya in a swimsuit! Darn. Six ends up being another one of those Iwaya is insensitive to Momo's love for her and Momo leaves in a huff episodes. More thematic information is stuffed down our throats via the psychiatrist & his dog. But ... sexual tension now comes to a head! Much of the sexually charged tension between quite a few of the characters finally is realized in this episode with the rather explosive, if now formulaic, results. (See Momo leaving in a huff again). Episode 7 continues in the vein of Iwaya's despair at the loss of her moral support, Momo. In this episode, even Yuri-chan gets into the vocalized character analyses started by our psychiatrist. Later in the episode, even Hasumi falls victim to the psychiatrist!! OMB. He's everywhere! Although, I admit I nearly died laughing at the psychiatrist's explosive 'women suck' scene. Predictably, Momo returns to Sumire, preferring the comfort of a stable support base to which to return. On the flip side however, the ending of the show holds some huge plot developments -- not only is Hasumi leaving for Rio, but he's proposed to Iwaya. !! Fukushima (aka the bitch) approaches Momo for his assistance in splitting the elite pair (Hasumi & Iwaya). Momo turns her down cold, explaining his kite philosophy of having a string to support him in order to be able to fly freely. But as he walks away, he privately notes that he was planning on splitting them anyways; it seems he's just not going to do it for Fukushima's benefit. The ending scene flashes to Hasumi asking for an answer from Iwaya, who looks quite unhappy and tense.Ahhh.. I may not sound like it, but I really enjoyed these episodes as usual. The characterizations by the actors are great as usual and the injection of humor in some spots (The Destroyer!) had me cracking up quite a few times this morning. However, I am starting to admit a certain amount of distaste in having the "deep character analyses and thematic deconstructions" being shoved down the viewers throats a little more than truly necessary. Do they really think we are so stupid not to figure these out? Ugh. My biggest pet peeve in shows, anime, whatever is unnecessary condescension towards the audience. However, the adorable nature of some of the characters (even the stock ones devoted to thematic explanation like the psychiatrist) allows me to forgive everything about this show :) It's a real joy to watch and I'm really glad JTV is subbing it continuously and so quickly! YAY!

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/36046.html