Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Manga: Gantz 176

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

Scanlator: ShocwaveChapter 176: EscapeSynopsisKurono stands outside Tae's house and she sees him. Kurono calls her name in relief, tears coming down his face. Izumi has taken the group and is proceeding full force to Tae's house, all the while yelling that Kurono is now the enemy. Still outside the house, Kurono sees the Gantz crew led by Izumi heading his and Tae's way and quickly enters. Tae sees his X-gun, shocked. A tense moment ensues where Izumi and urono face off on opposite sides of the close front door. Tae is confused but Kurono tells her to go upstairs. The tense moment continues only to be suddenly broken by Izumi's sword slicing through the middle of the door. Kurono quickly grabs Tae and hurries her upstairs, telling her there that he will explain later. Izumi and the group that's with him rush upstairs after them. Kurono has Tae though, and escapes out the window upstairs..only to land into the left of the Gantz crew surrounding the house outside. The crew left outside to greet Kei is the fighting man, the psychic duo, the raped girl, Reika, old man, and the cool guy.* From the window above, Izumi yells a command to shoot them, but Reika and the old man shout for him to run away. Kei complies taking Tae; it appears the groups are now split into two teams now.Brief ReactionOoo. The showdown between Izumi and Kei, long overdue, is now finally starting. I suppose the author had to delay it to showcase more the talents of Kei to Izumi as well as to field a section where Kei's talents in forming a team would be more visible. Considering the two possible teams that will be against each other now, Izumi's has one of the strongest single players (Izumi himself) with the most experience while Kei's team though has quite a few powerpacked people (especially considering the psychic boy is in his team). Kei's team though now has some serious power deficits with Reika and Tae and the rape victim in it. It'll be interesting to see if Oku is going to do traditional shounen matchup fights like quite a few other series or continue in his own ecelctic style.I almost worry for Kei though. It's been a while since a major character shakedown has happened. Perhaps this is the straw that broke the back for him and some of his crew members :x Ru oh! *Sorry, I can't recall all their names! I suck!

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/35609.html