Anime [Vireyda's Woolgathering] Pity the Child

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Bijin, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Bijin

Bijin boards.jp Bot

For some reason, I suddenly had the urge to listen again to a song I absolutely loved from one of my favorite musicals, Chess. (Yeah. Most people have never heard of it but it has some incredible songs.) Pity the Child is probably one of the most powerful songs from that musical. Nobody's Side is also excellent although One Night in Bangkok is probably the most well known song from the musical.Small Pity the child, LQ version.When I was nine I learned survivalTaught myself not to careI was my single good companionTaking my comfort thereUp in my room I planned my conquestsOn my own -- never asked for a helping handNo one would understandI never asked the pair who fought belowJust in case they said "No."Pity the child who has ambitionKnows what he wants to doKnows that he'll never fit the systemOthers expect him toPity the child who knew his parentsSaw their faults, saw their love die before his eyesPity the child that wiseHe never asked "Did I cause your distress?"Just in case they said "Yes."When I was twelve my father moved outLeft with a whimper -- not with a shoutI didn't miss him -- he made it perfectly clearI was a fool and probably queerFool that I was, I thought this would bringThose he had left closer togetherShe made her move the moment he crawled awayI was the last the woman toldShe never let her bed get coldSomeone moved in -- I shut my doorSomeone to treat her just the same way as before.I took the road of least resistanceI had my game to playI had the skill, and more -- the hungerEasy to get awayPity the child with no such weaponsNo defense, no escape from the ties that bindAlways a step behindI never called to tell her all I'd doneI was only her son!Pity the child but not foreverNot if he stays that wayHe can get all he ever wantedIf he's prepared to payPity instead the careless motherWhat she missed,What she lost when she let me goAnd I wonder does she knowI never call. A crazy thing to doJust in case she said....."Who?"

Click here to read this story
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/vireyda/35203.html