Computers Virus!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Soitsu, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I got a virus on my computer that turns my computer on and off by its self if I don't pull the plug...and this is one of those lucky times that I only got a few minutes left.:eek:

It started today when my friends were helping me by downloading spyware and all that stuff, and then an hour later it started happening...please I need help please tell me something, ANYTHING!

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (howto link), and run all your virus/spyware scanner programs. Delete every file they turn up as being a "bad" file, and reboot in normal mode.

Let me know if that solves your problem or not.

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Hmm, Ive seen the problem on the computer, so I wouldn't be so sure that safe mode would work. This computer turns into a living thing when you plug it in and you turn it on. After that, it reboots as it pleases.

I had this virus once, and I had to re-set my entire computer from scratch. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than i had.

- Kaiyon

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

...Way to go and ask your friends to download Spyware. What would you want spyware on your computer?! o_O

Start your computer on safe mode, and download the free scanner system on www.spysweeper.com - It should help you fix the problem.

And to avoid future incidents like this, get yourself a decent "defence" in the likes of a firewall, antivirus program and a decent spyware remover.

EDIT - You could try and fix the problem by "restoring" the computer back to it's state before it happened. Use "System Restore" and hope that you can restore to the date before your computer got affected. Good luck.

- Teddz

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think Soitsu said it wrong here. What the person was downloading wasn't a spyware program, it was a program that is supposed to eliminate spyware stuff. Spyware Doctor I belive was the name. Not really sure. At any rate, the process that happens is after about 5 minutes of the computer being on, it's like someone presses the power button. It closes all explorerss, and asks you if you want to save any unsaved work. Once you press yes or no, or after a few seconds, it logs off, and shuts down.

Still, it's not like the computer was doing so hot to begin with. While I admit it's a fast one (1.5 or 2.5Ghz Proccesor, and a 256Mb RAM), it's never been treated for any virus, and Spyware Doctor found at least or more than 127 infections. So I should think it's safe to admit that something with that many infections couldn't last forever.

Now, I'm hoping SpyWare sweeper works for you, Soitsu, but there's lot of programs that are really uneccesary, and take up a lot of the hard drive, and still may not count as infections. My take is that you should just go on and delete everything and start anew, but in the case that there's a lot of files, and SpySweeper works, I think you should go with Teddz' idea first, and do an entire clean up as a last resort.

-Seishin

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

7. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Once again I am lucky right now, but I can't stay on more then at least 7 minutes and so I can't do any of this, and I have tried some of your sugestions...thanks

oh and sorry for the mixup from spyware, I don't really know much about these things...I am only 13...

...now my computer has gone 20 minutes without shutting down...maybe it's a program I am using???

Now I found a way to stop my computer from shutting down, if I keep spysweeper on and keep clicking no don't shut down, the computer can't shut down!:D

8. Teddz

Well, this would be a good time to get rid of the virus...

You don't really have to do that all the time. There are ways to beat the system you know...

- Teddz

9. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

The spy sweeper thing has been going for 30min now...

anybody have any better suggestions befre my computer goes*beep-beep-boooooo...*

10. Teddz

Scan your harddrive for viruses, delete it, and pray to the lord that it got fixed :p

- Teddz

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Ouch man, viruses suck. Well, like everyone's suggested, scan scan scan. What virus scan program do you have? Norton, McAffe, what?

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I've used AVG, it's free but slow as hell, as well as being a resource hog. I can't help but wonder what it's missing over but I've seen no problems with it. Can't hurt to try it out.

http://www.grisoft.com

13. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

iv seen something like this along time ago............happened to me but i dont know how i removed. it

Does it give you a notice of how long till the cpu shuts down?
    And do you use Internet explorer?

Edit: Two Links that Might help ill do more research into this later tired now.
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....shut+down+virus&rnum=2&hl=en#dc7d9d0564ab0376
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...after+3+seconds&rnum=2&hl=en#eee97c7e60f18fd2

Try Google Groups searching "Auto Shutdown Virus"

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

AVG sucks... but it is free...
    Kaspersky for ultimate protection

15. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I am on a school computer right now, but I tried system recovery on my computer about 5 times and all on them failed(DUH)!:(

16. Teddz

I prefer NOD32 as virus program. It's brilliant and it updates for every "hour". Or so it seems :)

- Teddz

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

18. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Ok people no more worries the virus is gone and my computer is better, thanks to system recovery...thanks for all your help...:D

19. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Phew! Good to hear its better! Now me and Seishin can go over and record the Podcast. Finally! :p

Just kidding! Im glad the computer's doing better though.

( We still ARE doing the podcast there... )

- Kaiyon

20. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

Glad to see it's sorted ^_^