Video Games W.o.w. New Race!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fudge_Monkeys, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Most likely.

Blood elves is one. The other I don't know at the moment.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

There's been talk of that panda race being a possible choice. I know the blood elves is thier attempt to make the horde more appealing to newcomers. Frankly the horde is already badass enough, imo, but numbers don't lie. More gamers play Alliance than Horde, myself included, though I have my own reasons. The blood elves is intended to equalize that ratio and help more people join the darkside.

~W

4. Fudge_Monkeys

5. Julius II

Julius II New Member

i have also heard that the new race will be a panda type race...but then there is always the option of them having Chuck Norris the Aliance character!!!!:p

6. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

The pandas were a very old April Fool's joke for Warcraft 3 (I was waiting with bated breath). The Blood Elves are the new race, they just announced it. Although, I'd love to see Demons (minor ones, that is) as a race.

P.S. Nice one, Julius II. "There is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard, only another fist.":D

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Lmao, brilliant April fools joke. You just gotta love Blizzard for being so creative :)

- Teddz

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

new race for horde, all they've announced for alliance is that it isn't the kool aide man(check the forums, blue post. i'm serious) and that they'll properly announce it on their web pages. not through magazines. the pandaran have always been a joke race. machall created a "screenshot" and posted it around the net on various forums and such, getting mods involved and all, running with this fantasy. they won't be in the game though, aside from a joke here and there. or an npc at most. if i recall correctly, they aren't even from this world, or outlands. i love theorizing about this stuff and all, but pandaran is just getting annoying. (i'm actually thinking the lizard person from the concept art for BC. that'd be cool.)

i'd rather know were the new zone is going, since they seem to keep the continents balanced. (3 horde 1 alliance on kalimdor, 3 alliance 1 horde on azeroth.) quel'thelas is on azeroth, so that means the new alliance is on kalimdor. now, if you look at the space on there, i think there's like, 1 unused spot, aside from hyjal(drools(it's pretty) ), a little spot between desolace, stone talon, and mulgore. exploration ftw. they'll either do that, or add an island or something.

10. wertitis

Now that is news to me. A new city on Kalimdor would be badass. I don't know how they play on Lothar, but on Dalaran Server Darnasus is a ghost town. IF is the big hangout. Maybe a new city on Kalimdor with help bring more alliance bodies over.

I don't know about sticking an alliance city in Hyjal. It is purdy, but it's also too far north. They need a major city in the south. Either North of Mulgore, wedged between Desolace and Stonetalon like you said, or all the way south below Ungoro Crater wedged between Silithus and Tanaris Desert. For the Horde I can see them sticking one South of the Badlands, east of the Burning Steppes, though the surrounding area may prove to be too hostile for all the newbies spawning thier characters in close proximity down there. The same can be said for the Alliance on Kalimdor.

~W

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

there's something wedged between silithus and tanaris already :p

un'goro crater, the place where the titans lived while creating/restructuring the world. Home to the Linken and Larion & Mugen quests.

and i wouldn't say in hyjal, just saying it's one of 2 open slots on the kalimdor map. and i guess it wouldn't really be a city, it'd just be the newbie zone. it'd be odd to see how it;d get you to the newbie zone, unless we invade the barrens...and dear god, that'll just be cruel punishment.

lothar is a launch server, so, we have about the same structure. IF is main, stormwind second, darnassus if you hate lag. which is more liek a small town heh.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ironforge is always the worst of the three because it is the most central of the alliance cities. You can get from Ironforge to anywhere in the shortest average time. It takes forever to fly from Darnassus to anywhere so I limit my visits there and I'm sure that's also why so few have their Hearthstone set there.

It's all about location. My Horde characters are usually stoned in the crossroads.

13. wertitis

Nu nu, I mean directly south of Un'Goro there's an open plot between Silithus and Tanaris, however I find it highly unlikely they'd place a city there. Newbies would get destroyed the second they wander away from there into one of the more dangerous areas.

In fact any areas outside of Teldrassil and Darkshore are either too high level or controlled by Horde, so I don't know where they would place a new city at, especially one further south. The same goes for any new horde cities on the Eastern Continent.

Any new races are probably going to be ones they simply make up between now and the release, much like the bloodelves, because they've already exhausted the races they could have possibly used from WCIII.

~W

14. Chane

Chane Audience of One

On Dark Iron now thanks to AHs in all major cities and one-click flightpaths to anywhere, Stormwind has become the most popular that I've seen... but eh...

15. Fudge_Monkeys

i Swear to you Pandaren willl not be the new race. Think remember in W3 TFH? when you were in the outland what other race did you use? It was that one race that i cant remember right now. You could also consider they make a new Force Alliance Horde and [Insert name of Force here] It could he Arthas and his scourage or maybe they unbalance it and make the new race Naga =)
    They could also make new race quel thalas or w/e

Definalty Not Panda. No way in hell if they did they would surprise me very much.

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

tirisfal glade is right next to western plaguelands. if they're directional about it it'll work fine. and besides, geographically, that's where quel'thelas is. and the spot on kalimdor you're thiking of is part of the mountain barriar surrounding zones that have no water access. having swam around both continents and having a wonderful program called mapviewer, i can tell you, there's nothing going there unless they're planning a massive geographical change there. i mean, it would alter the crater. there's about 4 or 5 height changes in that area, and zone texure overlaps, not to mention, it flows into the ahn'quirag portion of silithus(before they changed the map there around 1.7-8ish, south of silithus used to part of silithus, just unmappable/"accessable" (see: wall walking) this was also before they added in cenerian hold. rather large patch for a rather small geological change(silithus changed alot. there wasn't a hill where cenerian is) and a raid.)

fudge monkey= quel'thelas is the home of the blood elves. in retro spec, probably not the startign area for them since it was destroyed for it's sun well. >.>; go me and remembering history

17. Fudge_Monkeys

Draeni could be thats what i thought at first but with further thought i remembered the blood elves(Horde) and naga helping hte draeni so im not sure