Wai Wai

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Ak1t0, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Just saw this one for the first time last night. I must say was really impressed and pissed off at myself for not watching this one sooner. So here's an important question. How long is this series? Will it be putting an impressive dent in my wallet like so many other great series?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

96 episodes, one movie, 4 in the original OVA's and i don't know how many in the new one

:D

the OVA's are bomb. The first four anyway. I haven't seen the new ones yet, de gozaru.

3. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Sweet. I'm going to the poor house. Maybe I should get a job or something. Oh and thanks for the info, I always forget to thank people.

4. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

4 OVAs :eek: .. I can't believe this .. !
    I am a huge fan of RK and I don't know how much
    OVAs are there .. !!
    I must be loosing it :dizzy2:

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

...??? You mean, the OVA's where you see Kenshin's past? In all the episodes so far, I thought those were the best of 'em all. Cuz you see Kenshin go from the Battousai, to this loving husband...it was just so kawaii. Plus the very last scene on the very last OVA was one of the most inspiring/saddest I've seen.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

They truly should have followed the Manga with the TV series. And don't remind me that no matter how many times I groan about it, it won't change things... this would have included the OVA story partway thru the final chapter...as it did.

As I've said before, the OVAs seemed so much more distant than the rest of RK, and though I didn't enjoy them as much - they were still good.

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I seriously want to buy the DVD's of Rurouni Kenshin... although it would probably cost a lot of money. RK is so awesome though, and is my favourite anime! it has such a deep and awesome plot and I can't help but cry(yeah... I've cried to RK) when Kenshin gives his compassionate speeches while fighting his enemies and converting most of them ^__^x The show is definitely worth spending quite a bit of money on though ;)

8. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

Your definitly right about it being worth the money. Maybe I'll get the fansub off ebay or the box set if they ever decide to release it that way. Untill then I will simply rent them for 3.45 a night from the video station. I love that store. They have more anime than I could watch in a year.