Art wall painting, help me chose?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Zanza, May 3, 2005.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I am going to have my room walls repainted after few weeks until I chose a stupid new curtain.. anyway, so I wanted to draw some anime on the wall since ever, and since I am going to get that wall repainted, I thought it'd be cool and bit rebellious :p (since I'll cover my work with posters so that my parents wont see it until I have drew alot that I can't erase it :D

My question in here is what to draw? So far I chose a picture of Ichigo and Rukiya (Bleach), Naruto (Naruto), Ed & Al (Full Metal Alchemist) and Gaara (Naruto).
    I am stuck with 2 different pictures of Ed & Al and another 2 different of Gaara ^^;

I like these two, but my favorite would be the 2nd one, but its a bit small, if I was able to find a larger one, I'd definetly draw it!
    * Ed & Al #1
    * Ed & Al #2
    [** Naruto Manga Ch245 spoilers..**]
    And these are my favorite two pictures of Gaara, I'd chose the 1st, but I might chose the 2nd depends on the space and the structure of the whole art..
    * Gaara #1
    * Gaara #2
    As for this one is my favorite one of Naruto:
    * Naruto
    Since I'll be adding this one, that why I thought of Gaara #1..

I need suggestions and comments :p

2. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I think that the first Gaara fits the better than the other. As for fma, they're tied for me. I'd choose the second one.

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

I would opt for a psychodelic collage, then clear coat the poster on to the wall forevah XD

4. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

The gaara 2# is really nice..I really don't like the FMA one..I think the first
    gaara is cool too.

1 person likes this.
  5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

gaara #2......

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I suggest you get large poster board and paint and draw on that instead. You won't be too happy when you leave your home, or your parents make you paint over it or the wall gets damaged. Plus, on a large board, you would be able to keep it and move it where you'd like. Holes in the wall can be filled in, but a piece of the wall being taken out is a bit more drastic. just a bit.. anyways, you are more of the authority on what you like than I and what you decide to do.

7. Feena

Feena New Member

Yeah, maybe poster board would be a better idea? It sounds like it would be a little easier to deal with. Although, it would look serioully cool when finished. I could see myself giving that a try and giving up half way through =p

1 person likes this.
  8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I love Gaara #2 I'd seriously get a large rectangular canvas and paint that puppy... if you don't do it.. I will.. mwa haha.. ok. well if I do it, it won't appear on your wall. depends, what size, it seems you want the tall/ portrait type images, eh? if you go with the black and white manga images, would those be black and white or colour?

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

well, I really liked the board thing idea.. well, still I want to draw on the wall to be rebellious :D I might draw something simple rather something big because I just noticed from what you mentioned earlier that i'd feel so bad when its time to "delete" it or getting repainted.. so I'll draw the cool ones (i.e. Gaara #2 :p) in a big piece of paper and make it as a poster :D

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Why not try clouds or other brush techniques on the wall instead? Something your parents wouldn't mind having there? even you could play around with stencils you pick up from a home-deco store?

11. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

wait, so you're gonna draw on your wall in your room? THAT'S SO COOL!!!! i drew a giant picture of sasuke and naruto holding hand in their chibi versions on my wall. ( i love sasunaru.) but i would suggest either the 1st ed/al one, or the 1st gaara one... why not both?! i'm planning on drawing all my favorite characters fighting eachother on my wall later on. ^^